Calgel Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Envi

Reaction score
I have a client coming tomorrow for Gelish who is currently wearing Calgel which I know is a soak off gel, but just wanted to check if I need to file the product first and how long do I soak in acetone for (I use the l&p magis for soaking off acrylic so I assume these would be okay to use for calgel also?)
thanks

I use Bio Sculpture, which is almost identical to Calgel, so ...

Lightly buff the nails to break the seal, then wrap and soak for approximately 15 minutes (10 minutes longer if they've been filled). The gels will soften and go a rubbery consistency. More often than not, they soak clean off but if not, then gently tease the gel with a pusher.

Bio and Calgel gel removers are acetone based solutions, but neat acetone will do the job just as well.

Hope that helps.

Yes give the nail a quick buff (nothing vigorous i use a 180 sponge board) wrap add a bit of warmth if you can, mitts or wheat bag and leave for about 15 mins, unless it is very thick, when you unwrap the first one you did it will pratically fall off in one piece like a little piece of rubber with no scraping at all.

Thanks for the speedy replies, hopefully I won't have any problems.

As Noodle says you shouldn't have unless they have been infilled or put on thickly you should be able to tell though if there is a big step where the regrowth is.If it looks a bit bulky then leave them for longer.The worse thing you can do is be impatient and keep unwrapping scrapeing and rewrapping just leave completely alone and it honestly does just fall off if you scrape you will end up with little bits still stuck that will make your gelish uneven.

Latest posts

Back