California Flare And Stiletto (pics)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but flares are so 1970's well in my mind anyway:)
Nice work but ditch the bell bottoms lol

its going to be like crocs and uggs isnt it we'll all be wearing them in a year:green::green::green: they just look so wrong - goes against everything your eye's been trained to see !

AMb x

I admire your artistic talent with what you do on the tips. I can't bare the flared nail (any not just yours) and I think the nails themselves are totally out of balance, smiles half way down the nail, no smiles actually.:eek:

Way to go for posting; you asked opinions so I hope you don't mind honesty. Wish you had put them in the critique section!! :)

its going to be like crocs and uggs isnt it we'll all be wearing them in a year:green::green::green: they just look so wrong - goes against everything your eye's been trained to see !

AMb x

Yep Amb come summer We will be donning our bright yellow crocs and have the flared nails for all too see ...........:eek:

I admire your artistic talent with what you do on the tips. I can't bare the flared nail (any not just yours) and I think the nails themselves are totally out of balance, smiles half way down the nail, no smiles actually.:eek:

Way to go for posting; you asked opinions so I hope you don't mind honesty. Wish you had put them in the critique section!! :)

Samantha I didnt have you down for a flare nail type anyway lol

Yep Amb come summer We will be donning our bright yellow crocs and have the flared nails for all too see ...........:eek:

i will never ever ever wear a croc EVER.......changed my mind about uggs:green: but i just cant 'do' the crocs ha ha ha zip, nada, never ever ever, no way!

now i may eat my words in a year or so....but i just cant allow myself to like the 'flare' look!!!

I do think your an amazingly talented 'arty' nail tech though - some gorgeously funky colours going on there hun:hug:

amb xxxx

I realize the flare look is not for everybody. The pictures actually do no justice. One has to see them in person to really admire them!

Nanny

I have been doing the flare look since the early 90's and majority of my clients wear the look. Also, the flare look has proven very profitable for me and with a 100 plus clients, the flare look can not go wrong (atleast not for me:confused:)!!!

Nanny

I think I will post some more pictures with better smile lines. I explained the reason for the bad smile lines in an earlier post. Stay tuned for more pics.....

Nanny

I'm also from Central California!!!Finally someone from the same area. I didn't know you were the one who invented the name, very clever.

Thanx! Yes, the smiles lines look bad only because she was my 1st client of the day and when we walked up to my shop we both realized that I had been broken into and robbed. So I spent the 1st hour of my day taliking with the police. When I finally got to her nails I was a mess and shaking really bad! So that's the reason for the ugly smile lines.

Nanny

I like your nail art, stiletto's are my favorite! I even did some on my friend (who's also a nail tech) and she cant stop wearing them!! :) I'm not that keen on flared nails as i just think they look really bulky but its each to their own and if they are all the rage over there and what not then you just gotta go with the flow :lol: Thanks for sharing hun, and i am so sorry that you had to go through being robbed!! :hug:

I really like them! I wish my clients would be brave enough to go mad but they all prefer natural. You are obviously a very talented nail tech! :)

I love the stilettos. If I could have nails I would definately give them a go. Maybe for a special event one day.

I don't know why I look at nail pics because they just make me depressed that I can't have my long nails anymore.:cry:

AWESOME WORK !!!!!
I love the creativity!!!!

In the second picture of the pink glittery stilletto nails, there looks to be a step in the underside of the index fingernail. Maybe its just the picture but I wondered why that is there. It makes the nails look very thick now I noticed it.

Interesting use of colours in some of them but I'm not a fan of the shapes, sorry :hug:

*waves at nanny*

hi :) aren't you on the beautytech board too? nice to see you here.

love your color choices. do you use young nails stuff?

Interesting use of colours in some of them but I'm not a fan of the shapes, sorry :hug:

Ditto min11's post . . . but your artistic flair shines through. They're not for me. But with all those clients there is obviousy a huge demand for this shape where you are. . .

Thank heavens we're not all the same or life would be very dull. :hug:

*waves at nanny*

hi :) aren't you on the beautytech board too? nice to see you here.

love your color choices. do you use young nails stuff?

Yes, I am on BeautyTech as well

Nanny

very.......outragous!!!!

i'm not really sure what else to say??

i think they are artistic, but the structure of the nail goes against everything i have been taught and i don't me the shape...the lenght the thickness, i just don't get it???

i'm not a flare lover at all...BUT i love stiletto nails i am wearing them now!!but they don't have to be silly longer to get a fantastic effect......these just don't look good in my opinion sorry

but i guess it just goes to show how different the style are in other countries, thanks for sharing.

very.......outragous!!!!

i'm not really sure what else to say??

i think they are artistic, but the structure of the nail goes against everything i have been taught and i don't me the shape...the lenght the thickness, i just don't get it???

i'm not a flare lover at all...BUT i love stiletto nails i am wearing them now!!but they don't have to be silly longer to get a fantastic effect......these just don't look good in my opinion sorry

but i guess it just goes to show how different the style are in other countries, thanks for sharing.

I totally respect your opinion as well as others on this site. Yes, I do shape my nails thicker then others only because they don't break as easy. I don't have time to repair a broken nail or two. My clients don't seem to mind and as far as the flare look goes, again, you have to see them in person to really admire them.

Nanny

Latest posts

Back