Calling Aussie/Kiwi Geeks and those that use Caron & Lycon HOT wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
Hello fellow Aussies, and Kiwi's and those that use Aussie brand HOT waxes :)

I have been using strip wax (mainly Caron Strawberry Deluxe) for all my waxing for a number of years now - facial and brazilians included. I did train in hot wax but after working in a salon which had me in using strip wax more and more I ended up using strip all over.

Now I would like to switch back to using hot wax again but want a hot wax that will pick up those fine facial hairs which i've found only strip wax would do. Also I want one which dries fairly quick (unlike Caron Brilliance) but doesn't snap like an old pink Mancine one I used to use.

Any recommendations are appreciated!!! :Love:

I've used that nasty pink mancine wax before :evil: i actually think carbon brilliance hot wax is the best, but you're right it can take ages to dry when it's very hot. At the height of summer i use lycon desert rose. It's a cross between hot and strip wax, though technically it is a hot wax. It dries super fast and you must work quickly. It's great when the brilliance just won't set.

My rep recently told me that some therapists mix the desert rose with the regular varieties of Lycon hot wax to create the perfect fast setting but creamy wax. Haven't tried that myself yet but I'm going to have a go.

I've used that nasty pink mancine wax before :evil: i actually think carbon brilliance hot wax is the best, but you're right it can take ages to dry when it's very hot. At the height of summer i use lycon desert rose. It's a cross between hot and strip wax, though technically it is a hot wax. It dries super fast and you must work quickly. It's great when the brilliance just won't set.

My rep recently told me that some therapists mix the desert rose with the regular varieties of Lycon hot wax to create the perfect fast setting but creamy wax. Haven't tried that myself yet but I'm going to have a go.

Ooh let me know how you get on with that. Desert rose is one of the lycojet ones? I did use the purple lycojet in one of the salons I worked in and it was great for facial waxing as it does pick up the fine ones but had to use the Mancine one for u/a & bikinis, and yes it snapped to all buggery if I was too slow!

Mmm might have to start concocting :evil:

Have you tried the viva azure hot wax? and dont forget with caron you can use the strip wax on the face also!!!. The new Masqua powdered hot wax is excellent for using on the face and bikini!!!! it is like no other wax fantastic. Also have you not tried carons Quick Dry Mist? this dries any hot wax instantly???

I use the Lycon Lycotech white hot wax and the strip waxes and don't need anything else! Love using them and my clients love it too! It's gentle and perfect for sensitive skin types. It sets up pretty quick and is perfect for picking up the finer hairs on the face, or so I've found.

It's humid where I'm living so I find when working with the hot wax for larger areas such as say Brazilians I have some iced water in a little container and I dab a folded strip wrapped in paper towel into the water, squeeze off excess water and use it to dab onto the applied hot wax to set it up a little quicker, this way, as we'll as setting up a few sections at a time, I can speed up the time it takes to do the treatment.

Due to the climate (hot & humid) I'm in I tend to use talc under the strip wax rather than oil. Hope that helps!

Yep desert rose is the pink version of the lycojet.

I don't think they sell the quick dry mist here :sad: but I'll have to give the ice water trick a try. I saw that powdered wax in my last caron catalogue, I'm torn between trying that and trying the special mix that I mentioned above. I might try each one in my two waxing rooms and compare the two.

Latest posts

Back