Calls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlossomNails

Reaction score
Hi

I have spent about 45 minutes trying to find a thread about this cause I can remebering reading it ages ago but can't find it!!!

Anyway here goes, when new customers/prospective customer call you up and ask for your prices do you just give them out, I have had a few lately. They said they would call me back to arrange an appointment, but neva do!!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could say instead of giving out price?

Cheers

Amanda xx

You could get a dialogue going along the lines of:

What type of nails are you looking for? Have you had nails before and how did you get on with them? Try and get across that you are experienced and passionate about what you do and it is not only about the price. If they say they want Gel nails, ask why specifically gels - they will sometimes say because they are kinder to the natural nails and are organic and such piffle - but you would correct them, in a nice way of course.

Sometimes this will not work and all they will base their decision on is the price - you cannot do anything about this I am afraid.

Hi

I have spent about 45 minutes trying to find a thread about this cause I can remebering reading it ages ago but can't find it!!!

Anyway here goes, when new customers/prospective customer call you up and ask for your prices do you just give them out, I have had a few lately. They said they would call me back to arrange an appointment, but neva do!!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could say instead of giving out price?

Cheers

Amanda xx

There was this one:
Telephone enquiries - how to get that client to book with you!!

Don't know how to do a link - sorry - but if you copy and paste it into the search box it should come up. It was started by EllaX if that's any help.

hth's

Getting any clients in any business is the same deal - first of all definitely get them involved in a conversation when they call you up - that is key........then in general I would do this -

Work out what they want by asking them a few friendly questions,
then sell yourself and your shop/staff etc
then close the deal - if they sound dead keen, offer to book them an appointment - they accept - great. If on the other hand they dont sound so keen - offer an introductory offer (which finishes today!) to try and get them to book with you on the phone. (It makes sense to me to offer a deal if you need to on new sets of enhancements - I think of it as an investment - if all goes well I'll have a regular client so it will be worth the initial loss.)
The important thing is to try and get them to book an appointment there and then. If they say they'll call back - chances are they wont.
just my tuppence.xx

I'm just wondering ,would it be a good idea to also ask for the caller's address and tell them you will post them out a price list and any relevent information.
this way I suppose even if you dont get a call anytime soon, you have their address on file, you could always post any promotions to them further along the line ?

or would this come across as too pushy ?

I'm just wondering ,would it be a good idea to also ask for the caller's address and tell them you will post them out a price list and any relevent information.
this way I suppose even if you dont get a call anytime soon, you have their address on file, you could always post any promotions to them further along the line ?

Great idea:hug:

I have done this myself,and the client has come,so it reaps its rewards.

If a client declines this offer then you know how serious,or not as the case may be.

I always go into great detail about the treatments on offer,but as Fiona said,some just wont listen.Only you in turn know you have tried and done your part in educating the client.:)

Just a quick add on, you must remember that some ''clients'' who ring up for prices are other salons looking into competition - just be flattered they consider u such a threat hehe!!!

Latest posts

Back