Cambridge diet..............

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

absolutly fab!

Reaction score
Has any one tried CD? How did u get on ,what are the pitfalls, results?

hey there

I have not tried the diet myself but my friend tried it and lost 3 stone in about 8-10 weeks! she said it was well worth it but you cant drink alcohol, not even the odd glass of wine, which i think she fond hard lol.

Tried it about 20 years ago. Was asleep by 8pm every night (and I was young, free, single and child-free at the time, what a scandal!), felt completely drained the whole time and my hair started to fall out.

I lasted about 20 days, lost about 12lbs but looked and felt like death-warmed-up.

Been to scared to try it since, although I'm sure the nutritional content has improved in the last few years ....

What is it please? Not heard of it before x

the cambrige diet is a meal replacment program. there is also another one called lighter life which works in a similar way. i know lots of people who have done them both. they both work very well to get big weight losses in a short period of time...but you do have to strictly stick with the plan or it doesnt work...which is very hard. however... all the people i know who have done it have ended up putting the weight back on as soon as they start eating normally again. I have been going to slimming world for a while now and i know a few members who did one of the two plans for a few weeks just to give them a kick start with the weight loss then went on the the slimming world plan the give them more steady weight losses and on a healthy diet.

I did the lipotrim diet a couple of years ago and had a really good weight loss. Just like the cambridge diet and the lighter life, it is a meal replacement programme and needs ALOT of will power!! I did gain back some weight after i came off the diet and back to reality tho! In all honesty i would do it again (to give me a kick up the bum!) as a kwick fix for a couple of weeks as i lost 10lbs in the 1st a week originally, but then join a slim club to keep me on the straight n narrow! x

Was more curious - I don't want to lose ( or gain! ) any weight. Never thought I would say this but I am actually quite happy with "me" right now :D

i have done this cambridge diet. they have 2 ways you can do it all cambridge meals or cambridge meals and a smal dinner (and it is small).

the difference in calories is very small and i started with all cambridge meals but ended up doing the one with the small meal and the weight loss is no difference.

i did it after having my first son i lost 4 stone in about 3 months.
i did take 2 weeks break from it so you dont have to do it all without stopping.

tbh i had loads of people say oh i know this person who put loads of weight after etc.

but i did it with 4 others and we all maintained it. you are supposed to go about 3/4 lbs under you target weight as you do gain about 2-4 lbs due to to you not eating carbs for so long.
i put on about 2lbs when i stopped and maintened it (until i got pregnant)

it depends on how you eat and exercise after.

not sure about lighter life as dont know anyone who has done it.

Hi, iv'e heard that Lighter Life is a bit more expensive than the Cambridge Diet. My sister is currently on the Lighter Life and has had a dramatic weight loss. She started on it after a traumatic life event and she could'nt eat solid food without vomiting due to stress & nerves so rather than not eat she tried this so she would be getting some nutrition, she was about 16 stone to start with and is now 9st 11lb, she looks fantastic in clothes but the excess skin is hanging when unclothed:eek: and she has exercised. She has savoury or sweet shakes & finds it difficult to make them when she is out & about, she also goes once a week to a support meeting which she enjoys so overall she would recommend it. Hth:)

Hi, iv'e heard that Lighter Life is a bit more expensive than the Cambridge Diet. My sister is currently on the Lighter Life and has had a dramatic weight loss. She started on it after a traumatic life event and she could'nt eat solid food without vomiting due to stress & nerves so rather than not eat she tried this so she would be getting some nutrition, she was about 16 stone to start with and is now 9st 11lb, she looks fantastic in clothes but the excess skin is hanging when unclothed:eek: and she has exercised. She has savoury or sweet shakes & finds it difficult to make them when she is out & about, she also goes once a week to a support meeting which she enjoys so overall she would recommend it. Hth:)

lighterlife is more expensive then cambridge but the diet is almost the same so i assume would have same results.

and you have the meetings every week also.

with cambridge they have ready made shakes which taste like yahoo milkshake.:) or the ones you can make yourself but i agree you cant always make them when out and they dont taste as nice.

the cambridge ready made ones are great and i tried a few like slimfast shakes which wernt great ...well to me anyway.

and a diet is hard enough without it tasting horrible.

they have a porridge also which is nice. i didnt like the soups at all though.

I did the lighter life with 4 other friends for 12 weeks, we all had fantastic weight loss and felt great.

HOWEVER.... we all have put it back on again within 18 months. A sister of one of the girls is high up in an intensive care unit and has said that its not a sustainable diet and it basically put your body into ketosis and when you start to eat normally ( not Curry's etc !) that you body will automatically store any fat as it has been put into a starvation mode, hence the weight gain :cry:

Its also a really unsociable diet as all you can do is drink water or a sachet when you go out,

Oh just to add, when I finished the diet I averaged out the weekly loss's as some weeks it could be lb others 1 others stay the same etc, it worked out lb a week, not that much different from the lb you could lose with weight watchers with food !

Latest posts

Back