Can anybody recommend a super sparkly gel glitter top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa.sharrock

Reaction score
I recently saw one of my clients had an Orly Gel FX manicure with a really lovely glitter top coat, they were fine particles of holo glitter but there was LOTS of it.

Can anyone recommend a similar one in Gelish/ACG/Shellac?

I have Shellac Mother of Pearl but really wanted it to be more sparkly.

I just bought this today.

Its gelish - am I making you gelish.

Havent used it on my own nails yet but looks good on swatch.

Cant wait to use it ! Ive been looking for a glitter like this for ages.

X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396691587964.jpg
    1396691587964.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 198
Shellac has zillionaire, I love it!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396691660.800762.jpg
I use it over my rock stars before too coating xx

Gelish Waterfields? xx

Thanks for that and it's a lovely colour, but I have a silver sparkly one. I'm looking for more a clear/holo glitter. I think it may be Vegas Nights.

If anyone does both Shellac and Gelish how do Mother of Pearl and Vegas Nights compare?

I've got Zillionaire, that's too chunky, thank you anyway. :) Definitely want it to be fine but lots of it so that it's good coverage with 1 coat. If you get what I mean? :)

Sizzling sands additives, I don't have a picture on my phone but it's gorgeous, will try get a picture later. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1396693222125.jpg
    1396693222125.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 181

I found this picture of sizzling sands, not sure if you cab see the glitter or not?

Mother of pearl is rubbish - I have it and its barely noticable, I prefer Ice Vapour. X

Don't want to buy Iced Vapour because I'm tied into buying a colour I don't want.

Glad to see someone agrees about Mother of Pearl though! :)

Additives are the same, don't want to buy the kit when they hardly get used and also the glitter gel coat is good to use over say rockstars or additives to ensure it's a smooth finish, rather than using 2 coats of top coat.

If Vegas Nights is more sparkly than Mother of Pearl with one coat I'll go for that, so just need to see what others think.

Waterfield is another option, or ACG Halo if anyone has used that.

It's difficult because when you see swatches a lot of them have had several coats. x

Don't want to buy Iced Vapour because I'm tied into buying a colour I don't want.

Glad to see someone agrees about Mother of Pearl though! :)

Additives are the same, don't want to buy the kit when they hardly get used and also the glitter gel coat is good to use over say rockstars or additives to ensure it's a smooth finish, rather than using 2 coats of top coat.

If Vegas Nights is more sparkly than Mother of Pearl with one coat I'll go for that, so just need to see what others think.

Waterfield is another option, or ACG Halo if anyone has used that.

It's difficult because when you see swatches a lot of them have had several coats. x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396695278.890086.jpg

I love Waterfield. Clear base, silver and holo glitter xx

I really hope they bring Iced Vapour out as a stock colour!

Another vote for Gelish Vegas Nights ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396700122.011281.jpg

I even put it over already glittery polishes because none of them have the sparkle that VN has xx

I've just read somewhere that ACG Dazzling is a dupe for Gelish Waterfield and I already have that, so it looks like it's definitely Vegas Nights.

Latest posts

Back