Can anybody tell me what this is on my client's face?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
I have a lady for diamond microdermabrasion and she has had this on her chin for over a year! Her doctor said he didn't know what it was and just gave her a cream she ended up being allergic to so didn't use it again. He thought it was acne but she doesn't have it anywhere else and had good skin beforehand we'll the odd spot here and there. She is 24 and eats quite healthy, could it possibly be herpes simplex virus as when the puss has come out of the spots it reappears quite quickly and when I get coldsores I get them on my chin and they look just like that ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401811726.136441.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401811745.370372.jpg

Few things I'm picking up on...

If it was herpes simplex I'm SURE a doctor would pick up one this. I'm not saying that's it's definitely not (although I'm pretty sure it's not) but am sure a doctor would know this very quickly.

Does she have it permanently this bad or does it get worse at time of the month?

What's her skin care routine and what products does she use?

Have you been doing diamond Dermabrasion over it?

I'm gob smacked the Dr couldn't diagnose, I'd change Drs!!

From the photo I thought it was adult acne, however what she has described sounds like Impetigo, whichever it is do not perform Microdermabrasion!!! if it's a bad case of acne you could spread it, if it's Impetigo you will not only spread it on your client but yourself and other clients, it is highly contagious!!

She needs to get back to another Dr!!

I would agree that whether this is impetigo or acne I would not be performing micro dermabration over it as it would be very sore and you will spread the acne/impetigo.

I think it would be best to advise her to see her GP again before you do any more treatment :)

It's always that bad really, no I have only been going over the skin and left the spots as they are always quote severe and then it dawned on me today that it may possibly be herpes virus.

Definitely make sure you don't go anywhere near it if you so the treatment, personally I wouldn't do it at all. As has been said she does need to go back to the doctor.

I would tell her to ask her Dr to refer her to a dermatologist ASAP.

I'm sure if it were impetigo, it would have spread further and needed treatment long before now if she's had it a year.
It does look like acne rosacia to me.
I think antibiotics needed.
Poor thing! :-(

Also, she may need checking for polysystic ovaries (could be caused by some kind of hormone imbalance)

I thought it was bad acne at first but I'm not sure now, I will advise her to go to a doctor again. She said it's quite painful aswell

I am a hair geek but I have three kids and know impetigo when I see it! She needs to change dr amd you must not touch it as it is highly contagious

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Looks like this

Attachments

• 1401815547173.jpg
    1401815547173.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 572
Could it be a bit of both? Impetigo and acne
Looks so sore and I agree she should see another doctor

Could it be a bit of both? Impetigo and acne
Looks so sore and I agree she should see another doctor

Impetigo can be a secondary infection. My friend started with a coldsore and it turned into impetigo

My first thought impetigo I would advise a different doctor x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

It does look like impetigo, I would tell her to see a different doctor.
My daughter caught impetigo at primary school from a girl she sat next too in class. This girls Mum was a nurse at the GP practice and didn't realise that it was impetigo her daughter had, she ended up infecting the majority of the class.

See to me it doesn't look like impetego (which I managed to get on my face last year). It for sure looks more spot like than weepy crusty skin like from the photos.

Equally I wouldn't say it was rosacea as it seems more lumpy and puss filled than red and pimply.

Poor woman, I do think she should go back to another Dr for them to try and figure it out and I wouldn't be performing any treatments on her face for the moment either to be on the safe side.

If we're just guessing here, I'd go with either perioral dermatitis:

Perioral dermatitis. Periorificial dermatitis. DermNet NZ

Or papulopustular rosacea.

I highly recommend that she finds another dermatologist. She doesn't need to suffer, but unless she knows what it is, it is difficult to know how to treat it.

Impetigo.

Could be Folliculitis.She could try a good pharmacist they are often better with skin conditions than drs.

Latest posts

Back