Can anyone help me with my computer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THERAPY

Reaction score
Heeeelllllpppp! It started today, everytime I go online a message comes up saying
SYSTEM ERROR YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH A DANGEROUS VIRUS RUN ANTISPYWARE NOW BEFORE YOUR COMPUTER TOTALLY CRASHES!
I click cancel but it keeps coming up every second... Can anyone help me?
Thanks Donna

Do you have Anti-virus? If so is it that alerting you? Is it one of its normla messages.

Sounds like a internet advert pop-up to me (have you been on any not so reputable sites lately?), but best make sure you are protected. I bar those pop-up things coming in anyway, so at least I know if something 'pop's up' it's genuine.

If you have anti-virus run it.....if not get it! Better safe than sorry. Best advice I can give really without knowing more.

Hi Lyndsay, I have ran the anti virus scan and all came back ok, not been on any "dodgy" sites either!. It comes up all the time even just when I'm clicking on a link on here. Grrrrrrr I'm going to throw the computer in a minute!. Thanks for your reply though hun xx

system restore ???

I tried that also and it wont let me. I hate it :mad:

That message sounds dubious to me - almost as if it's being displayed by a dodgy Trojan horse or virus. What antivirus are you running incidentally? I'd recommend doing a full system scan with your antivirus in case there is anything dodgy on there that is responsible for that message...

its a scam I had it the other night after looking at a geeks nail art hosted by a 3rd party, you need to down load spybot its free and run it and it should remove it from the system. do not do what the box says it will infect your machine further, Paul says it what we call mal ware

its a scam I had it the other night after looking at a geeks nail art hosted by a 3rd party, you need to down load spybot its free and run it and it should remove it from the system. do not do what the box says it will infect your machine further, Paul says it what we call mal ware

Nasty! So it sounds as if it is one of those browser-borne virus thingies. Aye, do as Paul says, and then switch to Mozilla Firefox instead of Micro$oft Internet Exploiter!

Hi Donna,

This is certainly not a genuine system message. Apart from viruses there are various other 'infections' under the general heading malware that can create problems such as this.

There are several software programs which can be downloaded and used free of charge that can detect and remove these. Examples are 'Ad-Aware' by Lavasoft, Spybot-Search & Destroy and Microsoft's Windows Defender. There are professional versions of the first two but the free versions should be sufficient for a normal home user. They can be found by Googling them - if you have a problem give me a shout.

Are you using Microsoft's Automatic Update service? This can ensure that all necessary security patches are automatically installed. Can be a bit of a pain setting up for the first time but well worth doing. And are your service packs up-to-date? Sorry for the questions but managing a PC and protecting it is not always as simple as retailers make out.

Good luck

Thankyou all for your replys. Right here goes....
I currently have Norton anti virus and have ran a full safety scan and deleted all threats
but it's still happening. I have now got Opera internet browser and it's not doing it on here yay!!! However it is still really annoying me I want it to go, it's like a vendeter (sp) now!! Not sure if Microsoft automatically update how do I check tis Ian?. Thanks Donna x :hug:

Run spybot search and destroy. google it. My hubby is a software engineer and he says that should work.

Donna,

The fact that Opera works OK makes sense but you should still clean the problem out of IExplorer

If you're not sure whether you've got automatic updates you almost certainly don't.

Go to...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx?displaylang=en#

On the left hand pane you will see Microsoft Update Services. Click on it and then follow the instructions. This is not quick! Do it when you can leave your PC for a while or go and open a bottle of wine. :zzz: Be patient, be very, very patient and follow the default options.

Anne Mac's advice is good. Google on Spybot and you'll find it.

Regards

Try SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware! its free and its the only thing that got rid of what i had recently which was a very similar thing to you.I bought an up to date kaspersky anti virus and took it to a shop and he tried but it came back, this got rid of it though and was recommended to me by someone who had it recommende to him in America by Dell.You can but try.

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeee, I ran spybot and it seems to have cleared it. Thankyou all so much for your help. Mwahhh xxxxx

is this spybot .... The home of Spybot-S&D!

wonder if i need it...??

My comp did a automatic scan with norton and 3 things came up....2 said low...but 1 said high and a big red cross......it said.... SPYWARE.IEToolbar and that it wasnt removable by the free scanner.

What do i need to do...?? thanks xx

Yes that is spybot and hubby says yes run in and it should sort out the problem.

Thanks Annemac...but Ruth came to my rescue AGAIN....:lol:.....she really is a diamond.

Thank You Ruth ...:hug:

Latest posts

Back