can anyone recommend a good camera?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

I am after a new camera - mine is ok but the macro doesnt work on it for some reason.

I want to start taking some GOOD shots of my work.

ANyone recommend a good camera - not toooooooo expensive?

Many thanks

AMb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Hi we have just Bought the Kodak Z740, and it was £60 off ebay brilliant camera...really good pictures and easy to use, can use normal batteries or rechargable ones

HTH

I have an Olympus...they are fantastic!!
They are quite expensive when you consider how cheap you can buy digital cameras these days but they are worth every penny!
xx

I have always loved my Fujis and my latest one which I got a month or so ago is the S9600 as I need a really good close up one for taking jewellery pictures.

If you go to this link, you can see examples of what photos can be taken with what cameras: Flickr: Camera Finder

I've got the Fuji Finepix F40fd. The macro has worked out OK for me so far. Cost bout £120 at Xmas. Really easy to use and has loads of different settings on an easy to use wheel thingy. It's got that setting that picks up peoples faces if that makes sense. Was voted "Best Compact Camera" by the Gadget Show on Channel 5. If it's good enough for them....
I'm not just a nail or beauty geek, I'm an all round geek :)

OH THANKS GUYS:hug:

Is there anything SPECIFIC that i should be looking out for?

I know a high megapixel, but anything else? whats shutter speed all about etc ?

Thanks

Amb x

cute kids n pets mandy !:hug:
Ta :green:
Camera is fab for the cost though. Not sure what you need to look for like :lol:

Thanks

Amb x

I'm back :)
Around 8-10 megapixels is OK. When looking at the zoom get one with a good optical zoom. Thats more like the traditional zoom a bit like looking through binoculars and the higher the x the better. The digital zoom will make the picture a bit grainy the more you zoom in so personally I'd worry less about the x on that. The camera I have has a function that steadys the picture so even if you have a touch of the shakes it will still get a good shot. I think that's to do with the processor but not sure on the technical side there.
The best bet would be to go to a camera shop and tell them what you want to get out of the camera. I went to Jessops and I got to have a play with mine before I bought it. They also said that as long as I didn't open the software in the box I could bring it back if I didn't like it. That way you can see what you like in the shop then google for it cheaper :)
Oh and get a good memory card. The high detail close up shots will need lots of memory.

I'm back :)
Around 8-10 megapixels is OK. When looking at the zoom get one with a good optical zoom. Thats more like the traditional zoom a bit like looking through binoculars and the higher the x the better. The digital zoom will make the picture a bit grainy the more you zoom in so personally I'd worry less about the x on that. The camera I have has a function that steadys the picture so even if you have a touch of the shakes it will still get a good shot. I think that's to do with the processor but not sure on the technical side there.
The best bet would be to go to a camera shop and tell them what you want to get out of the camera. I went to Jessops and I got to have a play with mine before I bought it. They also said that as long as I didn't open the software in the box I could bring it back if I didn't like it. That way you can see what you like in the shop then google for it cheaper :)
Oh and get a good memory card. The high detail close up shots will need lots of memory.

THANKS!

I'm going pop to jessops tomorrow on my travels :hug:

amb x

You're welcome honey
Hope I didn't bore you too much :zzz:

We've got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-F27 - cost us about £300 a couple of years ago; it's about 6 megapixels and an excellent optical zoom (10x or 12x I think) and an image stabilizer to cut down on camera shake. We swear by it though, as it nearly always produces excellent results; we had a Nikon Coolpix before but couldn't get on with it - we've found the Panasonic a lot easier to use by comparison. There are also some useful program modes on the camera like low light and fireworks which work great.

Thanks

Amb x

There are a few things worth looking for in a camera, especially if you want to use it for close up shots of nails etc.

Apart from a decent megapixel count, antishake is useful and a macro facility as well as a decent optical zoom. The cheaper cameras are fab but some won't have all the facilities.

I bought a Panasonic FX33 (£180) for the salon. It is a fab little camera and has an intelligent auto (IA) facility as well as antishake and a great quality lens. The good thing about IA is that it will sort out the shots for you so if you get really close to the subject it switches to macro mode.

Essentially if you don't like playing with cameras and settings the Panasonic IA does it for you. Vanessa keeps it in her bag and has got some great nail art shots with it.

Regards

Mike

You don't need a huge mega pixel camera if it's nail work you're wanting to photograph... or anything else for that matter!
We have a Nikon, 2 mega pixel camera, bought it what seems like eons ago now, it takes a FAB close up pic and is a great all rounder IMO.

Latest posts

Back