Can I prepare myself for my training class?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz and glam

Reaction score
Hi all,

i've been lurking reading the threads the last few days and you all seem so friendly i thought id register and say hi!

Im a mum to 3,letitia 7, korbien 5 and oakley 1. i live down on the south coast with my other half martin, and our kids.
I have been putting off doing beauty courses because of the kids but decided that this year was going to be the year that i do it so i have enrolled on an NSI course which starts on Tuesday. I am hoping to work from home once we sort out the room untill then i will be mobile. i have been reading all about being new to this and there is so much info i could be here for days maye even weeks lol!!

So my question is , is there anything i should do to prephare myself that you wish youd done?
And is there anyone on here who has done the NSI course with linda in Dorset? (thats the one im doing) just trying to syke myself up!!!

Im so excited ,cant wait to get started!!

Oh also did any of you charge your models whilst at the course? heard by some that i should charge a small fee to cover costs??

TIA Chauntelle:)

Hi Hun and welcome to the site,
i used to charge my models £15 per set, hth :hug:

Hi and welcome,
You're going to love this site, beware you may became a geek addict :lol:, good luck with your course x

Hi Chauntelle

welcome to the most addictive site ever!

Welcome hun...they are right this site is soooo adictive. Be prepared to meet some fab people and learn loaaaaads xxx

Hello and welcome hun:hug: and best of luck with your course i love NSI products :hug:

Hi and welcome,yes you will become addicted!

Don't try and learn everything at once! You can't really 'prepare' as all systems are different and your tutor will guide you. Enjoy your course, let us know how you are getting on:hug:

Welcome hun.I didnt charge my models when doing there nails at college:irked: maybe i should have lol.xx

thankyou for your kind welcomes. cant wait to get started. i am already getting requests for friends nails to be done which is fab. told them they obviously have to wait til initial training done and that price will reflect my experiance (or lack of lol) cant believe how fab my friends and family have been i have told em all that i wont be doing freebies,decided to start as i mean to go on after reading on here lol,but there fine with it!!! will update you all after my 1st day next tuesday.:)

Hi there,
I too live on the south coast (Bournemouth) & have just done the Mercia acrylic & gel level 1 & I now just charge £12.50 as it is still taking me a long time so I wouldnt expect people to pay the competitive rate which from my research is around £25-35. I feel that this is enough to cover any travel expenses & the cost of the products & so far I have had good feedback!
Good luck with it all!
Kelly

Latest posts

Back