can nail polish b applied b4 gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

Reaction score
hi i was just wondering when ur doing a french with gel can u use nail vanish.. eg prep nail and use nail polish as ur french for a smile line then apply the gel over top and contine as usual? had this asked to me and i was a bit stumped

I wouldn't have thought this would work as the gel needs its sticky layer or a non shiny surface to adhere to...also what would be the point..?? you would just use white gel instead of white polish. HTH xx

I use EZ Flow Gel It and this would not be possible as the gel would not adhere to the polish and would separate and peel. However you could French Polish over a gel enhancement and then apply a top coat of Speed Finish and cure for 2-3 minutes as this has a thin viscosity gel content and dramatically reduces chipping and holds its shine between maintenance appointments.

I use this method when doing nno purely because it reduces time and gives the client more flexibility as they can wear french polish, colour or leave them natural...

i use a gel sealer over my acrylics and you can use it over polish to seal it in i think it is called quatro sealer

I use Forze UV Gel.

Several times, I have applied polish, let it dry COMPLETELY and then applied a coat of UV Gel Gloss over that.
Never had any lifting problems UNLESS the polish was not as dry as I thought.

You 'could' try letting it dry completely, then using a yellow buffer block (ultra fine) to 'skim' over the surface to etch a teensy weensy bit?

Just make sure that the polish doesn't cap the ends and that you DO cap with the uv gel.

Hope that this helps.

Hiya,
I tried it with acrylic. Just applied tips painted them..when dry..applied acrylic over the nail..they lasted.
try a couple of nails yourself see how it works out..i would just paint tips and not whole nail.
jenny

thanks all i didnt think u could but i thought i would ask first as i onky use creative brisa they dont as yet have coloured gel and i dont really want to swap to another system that i dont know but have to look into ezy flo gel:biggrin:

if your using brisa why don't you just use the white paint on gel & gloss?

Latest posts

Back