Can you remember how proud you were?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2littletoys

Reaction score
I ve just completed my 1st full set of l&p that im actually proud of AND would be happy to charge for :)........ (my camaras in another country at the mo- so no piccis im afraid).

This got me thinking..... do you remeber how proud you were of yourself? Is it something you always get at the end of an application or do you get a bit blase about it?:zzz:

I ve just completed my 1st full set of l&p that im actually proud of AND would be happy to charge for :)........ (my camaras in another country at the mo- so no piccis im afraid).

This got me thinking..... do you remeber how proud you were of yourself? Is it something you always get at the end of an application or do you get a bit blase about it?:zzz:

I think it was when i did my IHBC (i'd already completed a Diploma course that was purely written work but had got all the videos i could lay my hands on and practiced the techinques like mad!!!) and we were about 4th or 5th lesson in when we were doing tip and overlay on each other as mock assessments (1 hand each) and on my Range Card my tutor wrote 'very nice nails indeed. If this was your assessment you would have passed with flying colours' Could i get the grin off my face?:D It was one of those 'you can do it moments' and coming from a professional (she had her own salon as well as teaching) it felt wonderful to hear.

The first nail biter I did, she'd been to the nss down the hill and came to me to take them of so she could re build the engine on her car:rolleyes:
All the time she was sat there watching me work on another client, she couldn't get over the fact that I didn't hurt my client, there was no blood involved,( I reassured her that if she felt blood and pain was necessary I would do my best to oblige but no it hadn't been part of my training:lol: )and how thin they were.
Well I didn't think I'd ever see her again but 3 months later she sat across from me and she was the first nail biter I did, we chatted, I worked and at the end when I said how's that? She cried and hugged me.
I felt pretty dam good.:green:

I sure do, i looked like this for a week :D
and i am quite proud of myself today, me and pips have been doing our stiletto nails for the comp on here and i managed to do a sculpt with out any seepage under the nail,
i know it doesnt sound a big deal to you clever lot that sculpt all the time but this is the first time i have ever managed a successful sculpt :D

gosh- i love the look of stiletto nails but as im only training on acrylic overlay just dont think i could achieve it........:)

OMg yeh I did the first set of l and p a couple of months ago that I was 100% happy with the beauty therapists at my friends work (she works for a large hotel and lesure complex where extensions arent offerd) were taking pictures of them and saying how nice they were and they have been infilled and rebalanced a few times now and only had to have one replaced as she caught it in a till!! U cudnt wipe the smile off my face whaen she said everyone loved them!!!!! Still learning though have done lots of sets since but that was wen I first realised all my practice was paying off!!!!:green:

gosh- i love the look of stiletto nails but as im only training on acrylic overlay just dont think i could achieve it........:)
If you have a look in the tutorial section Gigi has done a tutorial on stilettos with tip and over lay hth :hug:

If you have a look in the tutorial section Gigi has done a tutorial on stilettos with tip and over lay hth :hug:

Thanks- ill take a peek................:hug:

Hi Loubylou, I was so excited when i did my first good set and they do just get better and better. Im new to nail geek so hi!

Well done yourself!!!! Its such a great feeling!
What next???? hehehehe xx

I do remember the first set i did that i really felt proud of. Mind you, looking back at them now, i realize the difference on going training makes to how good you can really get.

I still get a thrill when a client walks out saying how lovely their nails look.

It has taken me nearly four years of combined training, loads of clients, practice, always playing with designs on my own nails, more practice, as well as always trying new techniques and striving to make myself a better tech that has got me to the point of where i am now. I actually enjoy doing nails, love the fact that every client is happy, and i actually feel i am a proper Nail Stylist.

It is worth it when you feel great about what you do, but it doesn't mean i am going to stop learning and wanting to improve even more to make myself a better tech.

Every day I can say either wow or not so wow....I never get blaze about it and expect my nails always to be fab or I don't really care how they look so long as they're passable and will last to the next rebalance.....that for me would say, hey Cathie, you've lost the passion.

I continue doing training courses because it's a major route to improvement and being the best you can be.

Latest posts

Back