Can you travel with monomer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margot

Reaction score
I dont know whether anyone will know about this, as I will speak to the airline tomorrow, but thought I would ask you guys first!

I am visiting an Aunt in Spain and she wants me to do her nails, so I will be taking my kit. I know you can carry acetone with you in the cabin but was not sure if monomer travelled well at altitude ie. some chemicals react badly when at different altitudes and let of gas etc. I know this is a bit technical but thought someone might have some info on it before i try and get through to someone who knows what they are talking about at the airline.

I just thought taking my own would be easier than trying to by supplies in a foriegn language.

Ive been told no, that is why it is so dangerous to buy goods from abroad they need to be shipped rather than flown. Can you imagine the damage a flamable liquid would cause on a plane.

HTH

I did presume there would be issues, but as they allow acetone I was hopefull. I do class myself as very responsible so will have to get some monomer in spain.

Anyone know what monomer in spanish is?

I have recently moved to uk from abroad and was not allowed to take monomer onto the plane at any cost. Its considered a expolsive ect.

but ask your airline for advice, if you only carry a tiny amount in a bottle that allows for expansion and well wrapped they might be ok.

Can't fly flameable substance i've even been told about polishes so try to buy local or have it shipped by ship cargo.

Trini

Is there really no way at all to take the monomer on the plane? Im not being thick by asking an allready answered question, just desperate. Mail by sea takes ages, how am I going to get my monomer home from the uk and still be young enough to use it when it arrives? Oh, woe is me.

Can you post it to yourself? wonder what the postoffice would say?

My family live in Portugal so im back and forward. I use Easy Jet who said i could take a small amount (enough for 2 sets) in a sealed bottle in my hand luggage or case and i said i would carry the MSD sheet to play safe. They said it is a something to do with the fact that it is such a small amount. Have carried it back and forth for 4 years without a prob.

Please dont take my word for it though. Give the flight company a call to check.

thanks for the replies. Whats an MSD sheet? Was in allways such a small amount that you took? Of course i can post stuff to myself. Cant I?

avivajoy said:
thanks for the replies. Whats an MSD sheet? Was in allways such a small amount that you took? Of course i can post stuff to myself. Cant I?

not through royal mail you cant!!!!!! you need to post it through a courier, i keep on about this as my husband is a postie ( ahhhh)

nailsbynikki said:
not through royal mail you cant!!!!!! you need to post it through a courier, i keep on about this as my husband is a postie ( ahhhh)
is that ahhh" as in 'how sweet' or "ahhhh" as in 'im frustrated cos everyones dumb? What courier? who do I approach? Oh why is this all so difficult?

avivajoy said:
thanks for the replies. Whats an MSD sheet?

the MSDS sheets are the safety data sheets for the products, which you should have. which monomer do you use?

no its an ahhhhhhhhhh cos its soooo sweet hes a postman!! lol
you need to contact a courier to dispatch it for you , just ring them up and get quotes i.e TNT, ups, parcel force etc hope that helps you

no ones dumb on here babes!!!!!!

I am going to do the Creative l&p induction course in November and Im so excited!!!! Ive been using such rubbish products and cant wait to use quality, once I get my hands on the Creative products Im not going to let go without a fight. Thanks Peter Pan and Nikki for all the advice and niceness (I know its not a real word but Im tired) xx

youre welcome hun!!! niceness should be a real word shouldnt it!!!!! good luck with your conversion in nov

I understand that it is ok to travel with a small amount but check with your airline first as policy probably varies from airline to airline.

Latest posts

Back