Capping gel?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
Whats the difference between a uv top coat and a capping gel??? and could they both be used in the same way??

Capping gel isn't a product, it's a method of "licking" the free edge to help prevent the gel from lifting.

HTHs

just asking because i recently went to purchase a gel top coat and i was informed that it was a capping gel to seal gels and acrylics.now i feel alittle confused,this to me just sounds like a uv gel top coat!?!? help!

It's not something I've heard of ... perhaps other geeks can shed some light.

You cap the free edge with the gel....Just run your brush along/underish the free edge, it prevents shrinkage as it seals the layers....

Not sure ive worded that very well but I know what I mean lol

What is the make and name of this capping gel?

not sure of the brand but it was called seal it!

Sounds like a normal UV coat...

You should cap the free edge with all the layers of gel, not just the top coat.
TBH it sounds like the salesperson was a bit confused

Star Nails have a product called Capping gel. It is UV cured sealer used to finish nail enhancement.

I never explain my self well lol

With each layer of gel I run it along/under the free edge.

Then do the same with which ever UV top coat im using.... Which covers the other layers...

Maybe its just the name 'capping' that they have called it.

I thought all UV top coats worked in the same way (confusing myself now) lol

When i mentioned shrinking i meant shrinking of the top coat not the whole nail as that would already be capped....

Oh im giving up now ........... I need therapy

i have only done my training in liquid and powder,however i know that many salons are now offering a gel top coat as the shine seems to last forever! so - i didnt want to be left behind and just thought that i would give this a go.it was only when i was questioning a certain product that i was given this mega confusing response and just thought maybe one of you guys could shed some light.

Latest posts

Back