Car stickering; does it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my new car stickered on the back window, it's a midnight blue ford Ka. I only want a business name, my Facebook page and a brief description of what I do.

I'm also thinking of car lashes since I do lashes! (total tack, I know) it is a bit gimmicky, but I want to see if my business increases any!

Is there any downsides to back window stickers? (vision wise, legal wise)

What colour of text would go with a midnight blue car?

Does anyone with a stickered car think it has improved their clientele any? Is it worth it?

Thanks guys!!
xo

This is Cutie Patootie, my 11yr old car. She cost £900, is my first car and I love her very much :p don't laugh at her because she's crap, she can't help it x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358869246.145152.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358869246.145152.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 235
I don't drive so not much help, but contrast the colour. Fluorescent pink, purple, red or green would work. Also look for the one way window covering like bus's have. You can see out but people can't see in. That way you could have the entire window covered xoxo

I don't have my windows stickered, but I have 2 large car door magnets. I have gotten a lot of inquiries for my services from this. I have my name & company description (just "Mobile Nail Salon), website, & contact info. Don't put too much info...direct them to your website...they won't want to have to read paragraphs while driving or have to write a bunch of stuff down.

As far as colours...just make sure that it's bright and eye catching :)

I had a car sticker on my ford ka for 3 years. It was on the back side windows, so not too noticeable. All I got from it was a big wedding party wanting Thier nails done for the day and that was it. I took it off because my son needed to learn how to drive with that car, and he didn't want 'a girly nail parlour' advertisement on it !!:lol:

I don't have my car sign written because when you advertise on your car you need to make sure you have business class 3 on your insurance.

Business class 3 is the most expensive as they deem your car to be at more risk (if you annoyed someone they might take it out on your car as it's obviously your car kind of thing) and this also covers you to collect money (so if your mobile you need business class 3 anyway :wink2:).

Business class 3 is not available free, the free cover is class 1. This doesn't cover sign writing or collecting money so please ensure you tell them your car is sign written so you get the correct cover.

I don't have my car sign written because when you advertise on your car you need to make sure you have business class 3 on your insurance.

Business class 3 is the most expensive as they deem your car to be at more risk (if you annoyed someone they might take it out on your car as it's obviously your car kind of thing) and this also covers you to collect money (so if your mobile you need business class 3 anyway :wink2:).

Business class 3 is not available free, the free cover is class 1. This doesn't cover sign writing or collecting money so please ensure you tell them your car is sign written so you get the correct cover.

Gosh I would''nt have thought of that !! Good point :Scared:

I work from home, so my car insurance is only for social use. I have just called them to get a quote if I have stickering, and they said there's no extra charge as I'm not carrying equipment around in the car! Might look into the stickering now...! x

I work from home, so my car insurance is only for social use. I have just called them to get a quote if I have stickering, and they said there's no extra charge as I'm not carrying equipment around in the car! Might look into the stickering now...! x

I am not sure who you have spoken to but I think you have been given wrong information.

My other half was an insurance broker and has always told me you MUST have class 3 to advertise on your car.

It is NOT about carrying eqipment or not, that makes no difference at all (some jobs require no equipment anyway).

ANY signwriting or magnets etc.. mean you need to have business class 3 insurance, as soon as your advertising your business on your car it becomes a target and is no longer able to be classed as domestic & social use as your advertising while driving therefore is classed as working.

If you have found an insurer who has decided to cover Class 3 free I would love to know about it, lots of insurance companies will not provide class 3 and the few that do usually charge a fortune for it.

Theres also the added "bonus" of when you have a bump they know where to come to, happened to me, the guy I bumped didnt think the insurance was moving fast enough to fix his scratched bumper so paid me a few intimidating visits in the salon trying to get me to pay up...about 5 times in a week...guess where he got the address :eek:

You should get the magnetic ones that you can remove when you want. I think it's a great idea - as long as it doesn't cost too much.

The lashes sound fun - great idea!

I had business use added to my insurance a couple of months ago. I explained exactly what I needed and also asked about having graphics put on my car. Tesco Insurance told me that as long as I don't make statements with the graphics that my car goes faster or anything, I can have graphics on it.

I told them that it would just be my business name, telephone number and website. He said that is absolutely fine (and rather cheekily added that a lady of my age probably wouldn't want to go fast anyway!) haha

They have added Class 1 and it only cost me an extra £15. They know my requirements and the call was recorded too.

Maybe they have changed the 'class rules' then.

I shall get the other half to check it out with his mate who still works in insurance.

I told the guy that I work from home, so I still only use it for social use, I don't do mobile work & the stickers on the car will be in relation to my occupation, as a form of advertising. He said it wouldn't cost me any more to insure, and he's put a note on my policy so if I want to go ahead & get it done its already in writing.

I'm with admiral by the way x

i know its not entirely the same thing BUT the amount of calls we get for my husband for work - when we asked where they heard of us - we mainly get 'we seen the van'! now my hubby has a transit van and his name is plastered all over it - im not saying to go out and buy a transit van haha but it works for the construction business! the magnet stickers you get on vistaprint people have mentioned are a good option as you can remove when you want, i would way up safety too with putting on details as if you are a young girl there are lots of weirdos nowadays!!x

Yeah I'm only putting my Facebook page and my business name, not my number or that!

Will need to check with my insurance company, I'm already £120 a month can't afford more :(

Thanks girls xxx

Latest posts

Back