Carpet stains

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marioned

Reaction score
After a little whoopsie with a bowl of chicken korma giving a volcano impression, I now have a lovely yellow stain on my carpet. I cleared it up at the time, and thought I'd got it out, but in the daylight it is a big yellow patch about 1 foot square. It's right in the middle of the floor and not in place I can cover over.

Any suggestions for what is best to use?

Marion x

aww - what a nightmare!! I had a stain on my carpet a while back (it wasn't curry but bolognese sauce) and I used neat Persil (washing machine liquid) I rubbed it in and just left it for about an hour then rinsed and wiped the stain away, well the majority of it anyway. I hope you manage to sort it :hug:

Thanks Ang, not got any, but I could get some at the shops. I'll see what others suggest too. I'm just worried that this will make it so clean that the rest of it will look so grubby! LOL

I think you can buy dry foam stuff specifically for such little oopsies!
This is why we have no carpets at all in our house - wood and marble throughout!

Marion.....call in the professionals!!
They will clean your whole carpet and I doubt it would be that expensive.

• You could try 1001 carpet cleaner, available at most supermarkets
  • You could call in some professional carpet cleaners
  • You could make a claim on your home contents insurance.

you could have a go with pure Lemon juice ,it can be used to remove some tough stains put some in a spray bottle and spray a good amount on the stained area ,leave it for five minutes then blot it with kitchen paper towels.or try one part white vineger with one part water to the stain using a spray bottle leave it for about ten to fifteen minutes then use a sponge to clean it off in a rubbing motion. Rinse with warm water. Brush the pile back into it's natural direction .

vanish spot and stain remover for carpets, it got rid of the engine oil that my darling son dripped all over my pink carpet:irked:
Or tell those nice people at the kirby vacuum cleaner place that you want a full demo, you'll have to listen to them waffle on about their great vastly over priced cleaner for about an hour but you will get your carpet cleaned as part of the demo:green:
Yes I'm bad and I'm never gonna get into heaven:lol:

ok here we go - hubby's a dry cleaner, not the same area as carpets, but some stains still the same!

You need to use something that gets UNDERNEATH the stain, so that it rises to the top of carpet. Professionals use their own products, but a good alternative is anything light and fizzy - ie lemonade, sparkling wine (usually around when it's a red wine spill!), soda etc........ I have also found the "oxy" type washing products good.

Basically in laymans terms, the liquid soaks to the bottom of the fabric and then the carbonated (or oxegenated?) bubbles rise to the top, bringing the stain with them. If you try and remove the stain not using this method you will get the results that you mentioned ie stain seemed to go, but you are really pushing stain DOWN into fabric so it will reappear.

Alternatively, use a carpet cleaning company! After all, we don't like people trying to do their own nails or beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back