Carving designs in Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
I did a clients nails earlier and she wanted a Crufts dog paw design.
I thought id be able to carve out the paws and I did manage to in the end but it was soo hard lol.
On the carved ones I did base, colour, glitter, topcoat then wiped. Went over with colour, left them a few mins then carved with an orange wood stick.

It just wasnt as sharp as aome that ive seen am I missing something?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1393609825595.jpg
    1393609825595.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 337
I did a clients nails earlier and she wanted a Crufts dog paw design.
I thought id be able to carve out the paws and I did manage to in the end but it was soo hard lol.
On the carved ones I did base, colour, glitter, topcoat then wiped. Went over with colour, left them a few mins then carved with an orange wood stick.

It just wasnt as sharp as aome that ive seen am I missing something?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im no expert here (loads of other techs into their nail art that Im sure will help you).

You obviously want good coverage with the green but make sure its not too thick, so when you create your design its not flooding back in.

Another tip would be to do say 1-2 nails then freeze cure?

Just two things I would try. HTH

Yeah I think I did a good layer to cover the glitter but made sure it wasn't too thick.. Don't think I'll be doing it again lol :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think they look really good. I wouldn't have top coated before carving, I carve on the inhibition layer, cure then top coat. Also I usually use a dotting tool for carving but I suppose a lot depends on the pattern, but as I say, I like them so well done 😄

like the bones on the little fingers as well :) they look cool

AW thanks lol I gave up a little but on the bone on the left, I couldn't get it any cleaner x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back