Carving inspired by Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobraes

Reaction score
New Whittington, Chesterfield, Derbyshire UK
I really love these !
image.jpg

Have you done them?

As I always say, as long as you get paid realistically for doing it, that cool. Fortunately this technique is easy and fast to do which makes it saleable!! yea! I like saleable.

Hi Geeg, yes I've done them, inspired by Natalia and Holly at their dems at S2 :)

Hi Geeg, yes I've done them, inspired by Natalia and Holly at their dems at S2 :)

Did you wait a tad before you wiped out ? You've done a nice clean job and I think that happens when you delay just a tad so nothing 'runs'. Good work.

Yes I did, it definitely helps the carving stay crisp and not run before curing.
Here's a close up of it on a nail. Looks equally nice with ruby ritz underneath.
image.jpg

Yes I did, it definitely helps the carving stay crisp and not run before curing.
Here's a close up of it on a nail. Looks equally nice with ruby ritz underneath.
View attachment 21614

Love this look.. by waiting, is that after applying the top colour leave a min before carving out? Or am I off the mark? Want to have a go at this next time xx

Love this look - been wearing these for the last couple of weeks :)

Attachments

• Shellac Midnight Swim & Iced Coral.JPG
    Shellac Midnight Swim & Iced Coral.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,622
Hi, yes just give the un cured coat about 30 secs to allow it to " set" a little, it seems to stop it from running, it's a very nice effect. Quick and easy too as Geeg says.

what tools have you all been using to carve? I used the small end of an orange wood stick last time. x

I love this effect, do you find it easier to do with Shellac than a gel polish because of the consistency? I find that when I use this technique with Gelish even after waiting a while before I carve I cant get it to look crisp, maybe i'm not waiting long enough?

I love the purple one. Looks fantastic.

I only use shellac so can't comment really. I use the thin brush from the additives kit and then finish of with the smallest end of the dotting tool.

View attachment 21614

love love love this, can I ask what colours you used :hug:

How do you get the colour so rich when you have to calve out? What I mean is if your carving out say Blackpool, x1 coat wouldn't give I rich enough colour so you would have to go over your carving with the Blackpool to see it! Am I making sense? I hope So lol

How do you get the colour so rich when you have to calve out? What I mean is if your carving out say Blackpool, x1 coat wouldn't give I rich enough colour so you would have to go over your carving with the Blackpool to see it! Am I making sense? I hope So lol

I asked Holly this and she said she just does one coat of Blackpool Xx

It's just 1 coat of purple purple cured then 1 coat of black pool, give it a few secs to settle then carve your pattern into the wet coat, the purple is plenty bright enough with one coat. HTH x

i only do one coat of bottom and top coat colours when carving, its plenty xx

Latest posts

Back