CCO Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classynailz

Reaction score
I'm aware that CND got a stop on Bluesky using the word Shellac, but does anyone know if they are going after CCO for the same thing? I'm just really furious tonight as I've just seen on Facebook that someone in my area has started nails and the FB page is "Stunning Shellac By........" and when asked she said its CCO she uses and not CND. In her eyes she's doing nothing wrong as the word Shellac appears on the bottles. She advertising Shellac nails for £10 but is using CCO. This is so annoying 😡

Last edited:
I'm aware that CND got a stop on Bluesky using the word Shellac, but does anyone know if they are going after CCO for the same thing? I'm just really furious tonight as I've just seen on Facebook that someone in my area has started nails and the FB page is "Stunning Shellac By........" and when asked she said its CCO she uses and not CND. In her eyes she's doing nothing wrong as the word Shellac appears on the bottles. She advertising Shellac nails for £10 but is using CCO. This is so annoying 😡

Iv heard of bluesky but not CCO! Hmm I feel your frustration!

Same!! A girl in my area is not qualified and advertising 'bluesky shellac gel' cheap... Lol Annoying!!

It's another EBay special. It is so frustrating. I really hope CND go after them too.

CCO...Carbon Copy Of
Says it all.

There have been many threads about this and similar counterfeit products. I am sure CND will be pursuing them, but there is not a lot we can do, apart from concentrate on our own businesses, extolling the virtues of our genuine products and providing our clients with a top notch service.

Irritating! I put a long post on my Facebook explaining what cco and blue sky was and what cnd shellac is and what it takes to be able to use cnd products and I tagged all my local selling pages plus a couple of girls I knew that were undercutting me with rubbish produts and no qualifications and telling my friends and clients I was overcharging? Needless to say they have all come back to me hahaha

I don't use Shellac or CND but I also don't use those words as surely copyright would come into play! I use a Gel polish and advertise as that with my qualifications and insurance to be seen on my FB page! It's so annoying when people do this ! Cheap copy's never do well and the best product and Technician will always win.. Chin up people will soon wise up! Xxx

Quality products speak for themselves so I do not worry about anyone using blue sky or cco. All the nail places in my town use the fakes and all their clients are now coming to me as I use quality cnd shellac and charge accordingly. Once one person knows the truth the word soon gets about and it's good for my business! :D

As far as I am aware CCO has had to remove the word Shellac so this could be old stock being sold out...

Clients don't need long explanations on FB or in the salon.

Use something like this ... Much more effective.

picture.php

Last edited:
I use signature gel polish. My clients refer to it as shellac. I am upfront with them and say that it is not shellac it's completely different.

It really gets me annoyed that everyone seems to be riding the gravy train and referring to themselves as shellac trained nail techs just because they own the starter kit.

Not only does this de-value shellac but it also de-values every one who is trained properly to use a gel polish system. I had my training kit for 6 weeks before my course but didn't touch anyone's nails until I was trained.

It REALLY annoys me when people say "shellac" and are charging £12 or even £10 - HOW are they making money!!! Ugh!

I got completely shot down when I told everyone how bad it is on Gemma lamberts Facebook group. Practically everyone was against me because I said it wasn't professional to recommend bluesky shellac to newly trained nail techs as a few of them were. And comparing it to cnd shellac. It infuriates me!
x

I got completely shot down when I told everyone how bad it is on Gemma lamberts Facebook group. Practically everyone was against me because I said it wasn't professional to recommend bluesky shellac to newly trained nail techs as a few of them were. And comparing it to cnd shellac. It infuriates me!
x

It all goes a bit Pete tong. Even when your just trying to put a point across. I wonder how many pros are using this product and telling there clients that it is CND, and that's the reason they shot you down.

You are probably all going to shoot me down after reading this but I joined this forum especially to say this, I am a fully qualified CND nail technician and started out using the full CND system for acrylics, gels and shellac services but the competition is becoming so fierce in my area that nearly all technicians I come across have started using cheaper brands of UV polish. I got so fed up of being undercut on prices that I myself decided to give these brands a go and I hate to say it but they are just as good. I am under no illusion that they are not copies of the original CND shellac but I have to say they last just as long. So for those who have just started out and maybe cannot afford to buy the full CND system (79 colours) straight off then it can be a cheaper alternative to buy a few cheaper brands of polish to make some money out of then slowly build up your CND collection as you go, I have a mixture of both but my clients never question the brand I use and I have never had any complaints it terms of difference in quality. As long as you are upfront about what you are using if a client asks then I don't see any problem. Sorry guys but it's true, I'll be awaiting the wrath of all the CND loyalists on this forum :sad:

I personally use CND Shellac because of the brand. The product is amazing and does what it promises. I know a lot of other products are just as good but they don't have the juggernaut branding, backing and marketing that CND do, so from a business point of view they have done loads of the marketing for us already.
I'm happy to pay the extra to have that job done for me and in terms of the business it's brought in it more than pays for itself. Clients Google it specifically and ask for it by name. I guess it's personal preference but for me I've got what I paid for and I wouldn't change. Xxx

You are probably all going to shoot me down after reading this but I joined this forum especially to say this, I am a fully qualified CND nail technician and started out using the full CND system for acrylics, gels and shellac services but the competition is becoming so fierce in my area that nearly all technicians I come across have started using cheaper brands of UV polish. I got so fed up of being undercut on prices that I myself decided to give these brands a go and I hate to say it but they are just as good. I am under no illusion that they are not copies of the original CND shellac but I have to say they last just as long. So for those who have just started out and maybe cannot afford to buy the full CND system (79 colours) straight off then it can be a cheaper alternative to buy a few cheaper brands of polish to make some money out of then slowly build up your CND collection as you go, I have a mixture of both but my clients never question the brand I use and I have never had any complaints it terms of difference in quality. As long as you are upfront about what you are using if a client asks then I don't see any problem. Sorry guys but it's true, I'll be awaiting the wrath of all the CND loyalists on this forum :sad:

I guess as long as your clients are aware that it is a counterfeit copy of CND Shellac and that your insurance covers you for using such products then it's up to you :rolleyes:

You are right that you are going to get some serious pushback, but I fear you do not understand why, so I'll start it.

I don't think this about being a CND loyalist, (I don't think anyone would mistake me for one!), since the counterfeiters, including BS and CCO, also copy HNH Gelish and OPI. I also don't think this is about the performance of the product. I think this is about the integrity of the individual tech and the profession.

First of all, are you honest and forthcoming with your clients about what you are using on their nails? These products are designed to deceive. Since the counterfeit bottles copy the graphic identity of CND Shellac or HNH Gelish, do you make sure your clients know the difference? Are you telling them when they pick a counterfeit that it is not the name brand and does not have the attributes of the name brand (hypoallergenic, for example)?

Second, do you have the MSDS for these counterfeit brands? Where I am, that is required.

Third, one of the things that distinguish an NSS is that they do not use the proper products. One of the first things I do in upgrading salons is have them purchase proper product. It is naive (at best) to come on a professional forum and advocate using products that don't support professionals. BS and CCO do not provide supporting products, customer service, training and education, or R&D.

Finally, you have a right to do with your business what you want, as long as you are honest about it. But what I hear from you are excuses. To my mind, if you are so poorly capitalized that you cannot afford the basic products of your industry, if you cannot be in business without resorting to counterfeits, you are not ready to be in business.

You can also equate the whole BS and CCO issue with other knock off products - you wouldn't be happy walking into a high end boutique to find that you have unknowingly spent your hard earned money on knock off jeans or a handbag, no matter how good they might look. No, you would expect that kind of product from a cheap market stall or car boot sale!

How much do you value your business and clients? Do they deserve a market trader or a boutique selling genuine, high end products.

I sincerely hope that everyone who uses these products makes their clients aware that they are knock off, not simply a different brand name but a counterfeit product. Bet if they knew the truth they wouldn't be so happy!

Latest posts

Back