CD's to play in Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorrineC

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I run my own nail salon from home and I am wondering if there is any music CD's (available in Australia) you can suggest I could play that is relaxing, yet funky too.. Like that cafe-type music...? :green:

Thanks so much, Corrine xxx

In the UK there are a series of CDs called "Pure Moods" that have relaxing yet quite funky tunes on too, here's the link to it on Amazon, Amazon.co.uk: The Very Best Of Pure Moods: Various Artists: Music

they would probably deliver to Australia too.

It's got that Groove Armada tune on it "At The River" that has that funky trumpet riff on it (the one that people in the UK will now associate with "this is not just food, this is M&S food" lol)...

i also have a home nail salon, and after a few years i worked out that my clients respond better to something a bit more lively than you would have playing in a beauty salon (where you need that soothing massage music). i have a "Pure Moods" cd and something called "The Chillout Sessions" (Ministry of Sound). fab background music for your quieter days. and then i've also got some of the Putumayo cds which is more upbeat for days when i've got my groove on! i'm certain you can get Putumayo all over the world. and remember, your clients only have to listen to an hour & a half of music at a time - you have to listen to it ALL day!

i like the one i heard in the background at my hairdressers must remember to ask what it is...dull base kinda tones prob like the one you suggested ruth:hug:

REMEMBER you may need a LICENSE to be able to play music in a public area dependant on what part of the world your in !

Amb x

Here are some fairly up tempo, very cool CD's that are used a lot in Cafe's, salons, restaurants etc:

Theivery Corporation - several CD's available
Marc Moulin - several available, *I recommend "Top Secret"
Internal Base - A taste of internal base
Chill Out Cafe -
Cafe del mar -
Shapeshifer - Solice
Fat Freddys drop - several albums

the last couple are NZ artists and might be a bit hard to track down,
order them in if you can. Very funky great background music ;)

Enjoy

how about something like.....

Eva Cassidy
Norah Jones
Newton Faulker....

Check there songs on you tube to get an idea of what sort of tempo.

I fid all these really chilled out and relaxing with a few tunes which are a bit more ****y!
hope this helps:)

Both Cds by Mssy Higgins are AWESOME salon cds!! And she is a fellow Aussie!!:green:

What about Gabriella Cilmi, have heard a couple of her songs, sort of uptempo jazzy stuff

Hi I base my music on the clients coming in. I have funky latest music (now 70) for my younger ladies, radio for some people and some nice relaxing music that I use for aromatherapy for my slightly older ladies. they love it and its nice to have a change during the day.

Latest posts

Back