cd's what do you play

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
can any one recommend any good cds for my salon, not sure what to get x

I have a huge selection from years ago...I used to go into HMV or wherever it was, and they usually had a good choice there...and because it's not mainstream music, they were pretty cheap too! I have loads of natural sounds (Birdsong, whales, waves, thunderstorms etc), some of those natural sounds set to classical music, some classical on it's own, a couple of the Ibiza Chillout compilation cds, and some easy listening (Like Lighthouse family etc)....the all I have to do is choose what's suitable for each treatment, and ask my client what they would prefer!

It's nice to have a choice of cds, because you will get sick to death of hearing them over and over, and not every client likes to listen to the mating call of the humpback whale whilst being massaged! It helps if you can get them 60minutes in length (usually says how long the playing time is on the back), that way you can time your treatment to finish around the same time as the music. Nice way for the client to know they got their full 60 mins too!

Marks & Spencer had a nice set of cds a while ago actually...music for healing, reflexology etc...worth a look? hope that helps XX

the salon i work in has the radio on - however in my little room where i do treatments i play my ipod on some speakers i bought from hmv!

for pedicures i play llwelyn - journey to the temple, it's kinda new worldy/meditation type music, very relaxing.

otherwise i've made a playlist on my ipod of 'background music' - basically inoffensive things for all generations - corrinne bailey rae, jamie cullum, sugababes, best of swing/jazz album - just so i don't have to play it on shuffle and worry about tenacious d coming on swearing etc!!

hth xx

I don't really like all the usual relaxing cd's so i tend to go for normal chillout cd's.
If you use itunes you can peview the album before you buy which is good.

I'm a big fan of chilled out music so here is a list of some of my faves which people might like for use in their salon:

Ludovico Einaudi - chilled out contemporary classical piano music, his album "Le Onde" is my absolute fave. Other piano albums which are well worth a listen are "Close Your Eyes" by Amy Lauren, and "Heal of the Hand" by Robin Spielberg (both the latter being American composers and pianists).

Bliss - Bliss, Blissful Music, Blissful Records - Lucinda Drayton, Andrew Blissett - a British duo whose music varies from Celtic-inspired songs (on albums such as "Through These Eyes" and "A hundred thousand Angels") to recently a more upbeat style with pop and jazz influences on their recent album "You". You can listen to samples on their website.

Vangelis - try his album "Oceanic" for some chilled out aquatic-themed music, as well as some of the tracks on his "Voices" album (track 5 "Ask The Mountains" with vocals by Stina Nordenstam is my favourite, and will probably be familiar to people as the tune from the "Aqualtis" washing machine advert).

Kitaro - if you fancy some Oriental themed music, then Japanese musician Kitaro has produced some lovely albums.

Enigma - you'll probably remember them from the 1990s with "Sadness part 1", "Return to Innocence" etc. Also, on a similar theme, try Era (Latin-esque medieval/chant style vocals with chilled out beats) and Lesiem (similar but a slightly darker sound).

Tim Wheater and David Lord - I heard their album "In Unity" playing in a hippy shop in Glastonbury a few years ago and just *had* to buy it - gorgeous flute playing over some New Agey synth strings etc.

Terry Oldfield (Mike Oldfield's brother) - he's done loads of New Age/chillout albums; one we have is called "Out of the Depths/De Profundis" and has Enya-esque vocals (lots of reverb) with flute and whale song etc.

Anyway, I must go now as our lasagne will be ready :)

uh i like, just had a listen from the link you provided. xxxxx

Just found a fab site for music today which may be of interest, Magnatune: license music and MP3 download - they have a fair bit of New Age and ambient music which should be fab for doing treatments to, and they also let you try before you buy so you can even play an entire album before you buy it if you want to.

What's also really impressed me is that they offer DRM-free downloads in lots of different formats - MP3 of course, but also AAC (for iPods etc), and (the piece de resistance) lossless FLAC and WAV formats, so that audio geeks like me can get downloads that sound just as good as the original CD!

I Am A Big Fan Of Heavy Metal So I Love
Love Motley Crue Its On In My House All The Time
Its My Music I Love It

hi there we use cafe del mar cds and zero 7 which all our clients love x

The advantage of being a bit older is that I have been collecting my music for a very long time:green:
Rule of thumb for me is
First visit ask client what they like, write it down on the client card
Second visit get a selection of that type of music ready and give them the choices when they arrive.
For a while I had a table in a tattoo and piercing salon and 2 days a week we had a beauty therapist come in to do her stuff.
There she was in the middle of a relaxing full body massage and one of the tattooists but some death metal on:Scared:
2 weeks later same client came back for the same treatment and...........yep the same death metal track started playing :eek:
She never came back again:rolleyes: Bless:lol:

Marti Pellows 'Sentimental me' album is just gorgeous, total relaxing chillout music, not the cheesy pop from wet wet wet:lol: although I love www to bits:Grope:

QUOTE!! and not every client likes to listen to the mating call of the humpback whale whilst being massaged!

PMSL OUTLOUD hahahaha this really tickled me.

xx

Latest posts

Back