Celebrity spotting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remembered, whilst waiting for a plane at Birmingham airport I saw UB40 and they sang an impromptu song.
There's an ex premiership footballer lives in my village but I never see him lol

When my husband was a student in Manchester this lady thumbed a lift. He was in his old battered mini and was sporting a mohican. She said she was desperate for a lift to the studios (she must of been to approach him the way he looked!).

Turns out it was Liz Dawn who played Vera in Coronation Street. She offered him free tickets for a studio tour but he politely turned her down.

I was at the local post office on Tuesday and there was this big blonde bloke in there with sports gear on talking to the sales assistant. She was helping him choose wrapping paper. And then she says to him "ha ha, it's funny, I just saw a customer send your calendar off to someone yesterday". He was a bit embarrassed and ummed and ahhed and then paid for the paper and left.

I happened to leave around the same time and was about 4 metres behind him and noticed all the men who walked past him turn round and stare.

Obviously some sort of sports personality but I haven't a clue. Tall, about 30ish, rugby build, blonde with moustache. Anyone know?

I worked at a nursery and we had loads of famous parents kids there, from Coronation Street, Manchester United, Manchester City and a famous ex-cricketer who now does some presenting.

Long time ago when I used to have a sunday job in Waitrose when my kids were tiny, (I bet nobody knows this guy lol) John Fortune did his shopping and all the time I was scanning I was thinking, he looks like that bloke off "Bremner Bird & Fortune" (comedy impressionist show) and when he passed his credit card and it said John Fortune I was like omg omg it is lol but carried on as if he was just another customer, well he was i suppose!

my main recollection of his shopping was that he bought a corn fed organic chicken for about £14 lol

I was at the local post office on Tuesday and there was this big blonde bloke in there with sports gear on talking to the sales assistant. She was helping him choose wrapping paper. And then she says to him "ha ha, it's funny, I just saw a customer send your calendar off to someone yesterday". He was a bit embarrassed and ummed and ahhed and then paid for the paper and left.

I happened to leave around the same time and was about 4 metres behind him and noticed all the men who walked past him turn round and stare.

Obviously some sort of sports personality but I haven't a clue. Tall, about 30ish, rugby build, blonde with moustache. Anyone know?

I worked at a nursery and we had loads of famous parents kids there, from Coronation Street, Manchester United, Manchester City and a famous ex-cricketer who now does some presenting.

Was going to say Robbie savage but then read moustache, now I don't know and it's annoying me! Let us know if you find out, was he nice looking?

Spotted Michael Moon from eastenders this time last yr shopping with his wife and kids in a toy shop in brecon,

Had a letter written from Ally McCoist to send to my hubby and his boys while on your in afghan

Was going to say Robbie savage but then read moustache, now I don't know and it's annoying me! Let us know if you find out, was he nice looking?

His hair was a lot shorter. He was okay looking I suppose. Not anything OTT, bit like Freddie Flintoff but not him cos I see him all the time too!

Haha these are brilliant. The closest I've come to it is Chris Tarrant drunkenly interrupting my 15th birthday Indian meal to wish me Merry Birthday!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My husband used to Police at the Houses of Parliament and used to see lots of celebs at first he was always texting me who he had seen.When he had been there a couple of days he text me and said "Just seen Hilary" I txt back "Clinton" and he said no Hilary from up the road.. My neighbour on a day out.

He once waited ages by a door because he was told Goldie Hawn was inside and he was desperate to see her as he loves her.He waited an hour and then someone came to ask him something,he turned his back for a minute and all he managed to see was her leg going into the car.

The only celebs I have ever met are spectacularly underwhelming...Rachel Stevens when she was still in S Club 7 eating in TGIs, Ben Fogel who demanded to be served before me in Tiffany's and they obliged so I walked out, Mary Portas walking her dog and the blonde one from Scott & Bailey in front of me in the queue in M&S buying the dine in for £10 deal!

Ooh and Alexander Armstrong from Pointless who I (very subtly of course) followed until he finished his telephone conversation and then crossed a selection of roads in a funny order so that I could 'bump into' him and get his autograph for my mum lol!

I seen Ronan Keating shopping with his kids a few years ago. And about 11 years ago I was in the city centre(dublin) on St Patricks day, I was walking through temple bar and there was a crowd staring upwards, out pops bono and started throwing champagne over everyone then the edge popped out and waved, it was a bit weird alright 😉

This is a naff one - a twin from big brother (dunno which one) working on the checkout in my local sainsburys yesterday (they obviously never made it big). See David beckham in my local sometimes as Victorias parents live up the road. Also Aston from JLS lives 5 mins away so see him sometimes and Shaun Ryder used to go in my local quite a lot but haven't seen him for ages so I think he has moved. Saw Matthew Kelly on a train once with my mum and kids and he was really friendly, oh and years ago when I worked in London a member of the Pasadenas (80's pop group) stood on my foot - what a claim to fame?!

Not very exciting but the ones I can remember are mark Owen shopping years ago, Ricky hatton and Callum best in the drawing room in Manchester, sat next to Brendan Brady and a few mcqueens (hollyoaks haha!) in San Carlo in Manchester, and I've seen Dave Myers from the hairy bikers a few times just knocking about where we live :)

Omg - forgot about Robbie Savage ...
I was with an ex and some friends in a Bamboo club In Bham ...
Id gone to sit down and have a fag whilst everyone carried on dancing ... These 2 guys came over asked if I wanted a drink, and the girl sat next to me who I didn't know who was just sat down too - we both said no - kinda looked at each other and laughed ... I then got up and went back over to my friends & then bf ...
Who said "what did Robbie say? "
.... I said who ??? ....
"Robbie Savage" he said
Why do we know him, where from ... I didnt see him with us earlier ....
My then bf couldn't stop laughing .... !!!!
I laugh every time he's in tv now .... Lol
Oh yh ... Another drunken nite .... !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I've met :
Katie Price in 2006
Peter Andre couple of weeks ago had a perfume signed
Mike (Pete's brother)
Emily (Pete's Gf)
Carl (his chauffeur)
Amy child's at London show
Maria fowler (Towie)
Bobby Norris (Towie)
Frankie Essex (Towie)
Their manager Craig
Claire Powell ( Amy & Peter manager)
Drew Their personal trainer
Amy's child's mum & colleagues
Peter from corrie
Anthony from boy band blue

Sorry to go on I love celeb spotting lol...

Ooh and Alexander Armstrong from Pointless who I (very subtly of course) followed until he finished his telephone conversation and then crossed a selection of roads in a funny order so that I could 'bump into' him and get his autograph for my mum lol!

Haha celeb stalker! Lol
I've never met anyone famous :( prob because I live in the middle of nowhere lol when I've been to manchester & Newcastle I always had my eyes peeled but nothing! Grr

I used to go to school with John Newman.

My mum used to go out with the guy that owned the old Jordan formula 1 team.

I used to see someone who now plays for England rugby (not disclosing names!)

I lead a pretty boring celeb spotting life :(

I bumped into Olly Murs in the Venice beach LA in September 2012. I had a wee chat with him and took a pic :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Also spoke to Andie MacDowell and Silver from 90210 :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back