Chest waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice

Reaction score
I qualified in waxing about a month ago and today I had my first 2 male clients for a chest wax. I noticed that I had a problem with the wax sticking to the skin above the belly button. The rest of the chest I had no problems whatsoever... apart from the skin being dry i could not think of another reason for this, how can i prevent in future? as its not very nice for the client when im trying my best to remove the same strip of wax! x

can i ask what waxing course you did? did it cover male waxing?
i did my level 2 which included leg, bikini, & facial waxing. but no male waxing :(

I qualified in waxing about a month ago and today I had my first 2 male clients for a chest wax. I noticed that I had a problem with the wax sticking to the skin above the belly button. The rest of the chest I had no problems whatsoever... apart from the skin being dry i could not think of another reason for this, how can i prevent in future? as its not very nice for the client when im trying my best to remove the same strip of wax! x
Ask your client to push their stomach out - it keeps the skin taut and allows you to press your strip move evenly so you can pick up the wax more easily.
I also use non strip wax on the central stip on the chest and take it right down so it cover this area.
Jack

Just to add what Jack said, using an oil under the wax can really help - particularly for clients with dry skin. I use Perron Rigot Jasmine Oil, just a few drops rubbed on the skin ... it really is a tiny amount, and it makes it a lot easier for you and less painful for the client.

You can use the oil under both strip and non-strip wax.

Mat

If you're using warm wax, you may have applied your wax a little too thickly around the navel, the hot wax idea is prob best option but if you aren't trained to use it, it can be a bit tricky. In this case I would wax everywhere up to and around it, then ask your client to stretch and support his skin by pulling in four directions using thumbs and index fingers, if that makes sense? Then remove the hair in small sections according to various growth directions. I have never trained in male waxing, so there is probably a slightly better way, but it has never failed me up to now x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I was taught to use non strip and do an x or cross over that area xx if that makes sense x

thanks guys! definatley going to get some oil. beauti-licious my waxing diploma was actually in essex with the beauty academy- just brows, lip, legs, bikini & underarms... i was hugely nervous doing a chest because I hadn't even had a chance to see the hair growth pattern on a male chest. I ended up using a lot of rubbing on the strip to get up the layers of wax, and asking the client to stretch the skin while I did aswell! I was trained with hot wax too but I'm really not confident with it!! I had a good result in the end and both were happy just a minor panic :)

Ask your client to push their stomach out - it keeps the skin taut and allows you to press your strip move evenly so you can pick up the wax more easily.
I also use non strip wax on the central stip on the chest and take it right down so it cover this area.
Jack

I had exactly the same problem, the little buggers would not come out, ill try that tho Jack, asking them to breath out :)

thanks guys! definatley going to get some oil. beauti-licious my waxing diploma was actually in essex with the beauty academy- just brows, lip, legs, bikini & underarms... i was hugely nervous doing a chest because I hadn't even had a chance to see the hair growth pattern on a male chest. I ended up using a lot of rubbing on the strip to get up the layers of wax, and asking the client to stretch the skin while I did aswell! I was trained with hot wax too but I'm really not confident with it!! I had a good result in the end and both were happy just a minor panic :)

oh really, will your insurance company issure you for chest/back/other waxing you did not do on your course? mine do not! i have to do the male grooming course if i want to be insured to offer male waxing, and intimate waxing course if i want to do anything other than a standard bikini line wax?

yes they have. Only waxing I cant offer is intimate x

... i was hugely nervous doing a chest because I hadn't even had a chance to see the hair growth pattern on a male chest.

It can be a daunting task! Well done! I have 'hair maps' for Free Download here (about 2/3rds the way down the page). You can study the usual growth of men's torso hair growth.

Latest posts

Back