Chick lit books...Can anyone recommend any good Beach reads?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAILZTONES

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm going on hols in 3 weeks and want to buy a few books to read as you do, any recommendations please, any new ones out......???? You know the easy read Chic holiday beach books, ie. Jane Green, Adelle Parks, Catherine Alliot.

Look forward to your replies.

Hayley

have read all of Jane Green's books and they are fab - real girlie reading.

I have just finished The House by Danielle Steele - made me cry. If you want it hun I will post it to you.

have read all of Jane Green's books and they are fab - real girlie reading.

I have just finished The House by Danielle Steele - made me cry. If you want it hun I will post it to you.

You are so kind, thank you x

The Devil Wears Prada is a fabulous read.....I guess unless you've seen the movie...which I haven't!

Although it's not chick lit (far from it!) I would recommend Martina Cole or Mandasue Heller books, very addictive reading, so good that you're guaranteed a fantastic tan as you won't move all day once you start to read them :D

totally agree with sandi

martina cole and mandasue heller they are the best

sandi, - if you like them you will also like sheila quigley

for funny books that are laugh out loud - i love janet evanovich - one for the money, two for the dough etc and also sophie kinsella shopaholic series

nicola
x

sandi, - if you like them you will also like sheila quigley
Cheers for that Nicola... another one to add to my list of 'must have' authors :green:
You always know when a new book from Martina has been released, you don't see me on the site for 2-3 days LMAO

you're welcome

just let me know if you come across any other good ones - cant get enough books at the moment - even started re-reading books i used to read as a kid

famous five and nancy drew - still as good as first time round

nicola
x

LMAO... snap!!!
I've recently finished reading The Enchanted Wood and The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton, pinched them off my daughter when I'd run out of 'juicy' books lol

Definately agree with Martina Cole, esp: The Take, Two Women and the Runaway (my personal faves)

Danielle Steel: His bright Light - true story of her son. Very sad:cry:

Jilly Cooper - What I call 'Disposable reading' cos you read it and ditch it...perfect for the beach!!

James Patterson - Alex Cross series - all v.good

Hope you have a great time wherever you are going and whatever you choose to read.:hug:

Anything by Marian Keyes...god the bookks are so funny and have had me in stitches!
Watermelon,Rachels holiday,and her latest anybody out there are the perfect read for holidays which is what ive done in the past
Happy reading:!: :)

i love reading... ...ive just started reading 'West End Girls' by Jenny Colgan

heres a a few good chick lit books ive read some are recently.... some not......

'Be Careful What You Wish for' by Alexandra Potter

'Can You Keep a Secret?' by Sophie Kinsella

'Calling on Lily' or 'Lucy Blue, Where Are You?' both by Louise Harwood

'Diamonds and Daisies' by Bernadette Strachan

i can also highly recommend anything by the following writers:
Catherine Alliott,
Marian Keyes,
Jane Green,
Sophie Kinsella,
Lisa Jewell,
Jill Mansell,
Wendy Holden,
Jenny Colgan,
Sarah Mason,
Andrea Semple,
Mike Gayle,
Chris Manby,
Faith Bleasdale,
Cathy Kelly,
Isabel Wolff,
Helen Fielding,
Victoria Corby,
Claudia Pattison,
Serena Mackesy,
Bernadette Strachan,

all quite easy to read stuff...... altho id advise a trip to tesco if you wanna buy a book... they are quite cheap...... other than that amazon is always good and naturally pick up a few mags at the airport too :)

Jess
xox

Anything by Marian Keyes...god the bookks are so funny and have had me in stitches!
Watermelon,Rachels holiday,and her latest anybody out there are the perfect read for holidays which is what ive done in the past
Happy reading:!: :)
totally agree, if you haven't read it 'Sushi for beginners' is fab! they are all pretty sizeable books so should las for a good chunk of your hols x:green:

Although it's not chick lit (far from it!) I would recommend Martina Cole or Mandasue Heller books, very addictive reading, so good that you're guaranteed a fantastic tan as you won't move all day once you start to read them :D
Thanks Sandi, I might give Martina Cole a try.....as a few friends have recommended her books.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I had a quick look in Asda and nothing really appealed to me in the chart fiction thats why I thought I'd ask you guys! Usually there's about 4 I like the look of and I can't decide......June/July is about the time when a lot of good juicy reads come out.

Can also recommend Martina Cole and Janet Evanovich, absolutely fab reads.

Ju x

I just had a look on woolworths website.....one I'm definately getting is 'How to kill your husband', by Kathy Lette, the write up sounds good lol!!!!:Grope:

Jill Mansells books are fab for the beach. I have most of them. My mum was sending them over last year while I was working in Greece. The Devil wears Prada is fab... so much better than the film. And a Cents and Sensibility is hillarious abit devil wears prada but based in London.

Enjoy the beach

just had a thought, wendy holdens books are hilarious, real laugh out loud celebrity mickey taking, very clever too x

and the new harry potter book is out soon

cant wait
nicola

Latest posts

Back