Chick lit books...Can anyone recommend any good Beach reads?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a look on woolworths website.....one I'm definately getting is 'How to kill your husband', by Kathy Lette, the write up sounds good lol!!!!:Grope:

Ah mon dieu:!: Thts a really good book,i wont tell you the end but Richard gave some funny looks when he saw it:eek: :eek: :)

Hayley, Book in the post to you today. You should have it Monday/Tuesday. I would have let you have some of my Jane Green books but I can't bear to part with them as I will re-read when I have nothing else.

I have always been a great fan of James Herbert, but they are not chick-lit. I usually only read easy reading chick lit on hols.

anything by these authors are just fab reads

marian keyes
freya north
louise bagshawe

Hayley, Book in the post to you today. You should have it Monday/Tuesday. I would have let you have some of my Jane Green books but I can't bear to part with them as I will re-read when I have nothing else.

Thank you Joe90 for sending the book. Sheila Flanaghan's latest called 'Yours faithfully ' sounds good too. Together with your book and How to Kill your husband:lol: , I guess I'm pretty much sorted. I would never read more than 3 in two weeks.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations, I will be busy reading through some of them throughout the summer. Just love have a book on the go!

My favourites are: PJ Tracy - CSI in book form, really like these books. Also Matt Beaumont & Maria Beaumont (not sure if they're related in anyway) really funny books. I've actually laughed out loud to Maria Beaumont. I also recommed "The WWW Club" by Anita Notaro - fantastic book. HTH. :)

I love the Sophie Kinsella books, also read recently Devil wears Prada, and reading a Jill Mansell book right now called Fast Friends (I think) which I cant put down.

Try to get hold of 'P.S. I Love You' by Cecilia Ahern (Bertie's daughter) - I cried at every chapter and couldn't put the book down - thoroughly enjoyed it. It's now been made into a film with the gorgeous Gerard Butler (Phantom of the Opera) as the husband, can't wait to watch it.

Also by Cecilia Ahern is 'Where Rainbows End' - another good 'un.

Not sure if she's as popular in the UK as she is in Ireland and the US, but it's worth trying to get hold of a copy of the above if you can.

Jackie

Try to get hold of 'P.S. I Love You' by Cecilia Ahern (Bertie's daughter) - I cried at every chapter and couldn't put the book down - thoroughly enjoyed it. It's now been made into a film with the gorgeous Gerard Butler (Phantom of the Opera) as the husband, can't wait to watch it.

Also by Cecilia Ahern is 'Where Rainbows End' - another good 'un.

Not sure if she's as popular in the UK as she is in Ireland and the US, but it's worth trying to get hold of a copy of the above if you can.

Jackie

Didnt realise she was berties daughter - read her previous book - where rainbows end - was a fab read.

Love Martina Cole books too!

i feel so much better knowing im not the only one who re-reads books from childhood, i not long ago got my old nancy drew's from me mums and the enid blyton ones for the kids, but i read them all first lol

sandi i feel great knowing youve done that too lol, i love saucepan man he makes me cry with laughter,

xxxxx

Sophie Kinsella is fab as others have said.

She has a series of shopaholic books and they are laugh out loud, you just read them and go 'yes I do that too !!!', can't remember which is the first in the series, but well worth a look at.

Latest posts

Back