Chicken Pox - Twice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As every one else said, yes they can. My twins got it when Gabriel was a week old so I had a weenie baby at home, under 5 pounds and he had a few spots too, they were almost as big as him, looked dreadful.

At the time we were using tea tree oil body wash in the shower and bath and we thought it dried out the blisters really quickly, it was quite amazing compared to the time before when we used what the doctor suggested which was calamine lotion. On saying that I didn't know about bicarb in the bath and I'm not going to recommend the teatree, just that it SEEMED to help. We just happened to be using that as at the time teatree oil was the latest cure all around for skin issues so I had it for my skin and everyone used it because we couldn't afford to buy different stuff for everyone :lol:

*hugs* to your wee lad though, it does sound like a particularly bad case of it? I hope he feels better soon. It might be an idea to call the doctor as Gelly said and say how bad its got although when mine had it we were told to not be worried unless they had a sudden fever or their general condition changed rapidly. One of my twins was more spot than skin but aside from a mild temp at one stage was other wise fine.

Becki,
I'm not claiming to know all about chickenpox and I'm certainly not trying to freak you out!

I am just thinking if he were my child (I maybe a little over cautious due to my experience, i dunno!)

You said on Wed he had 6 spots and 3 days later there are over 160 just on his scalp - that is alot! More than normal.
He has lots on his body and is very uncomfortable, which is normal - but, you said they are still coming, particularly in areas like under the arms etc (which can be weapy due to the moisture).

So Yeah, if this was my kid, I would call out the doctor - simply because they have gone from 6 to god knows how many in 3 days and are still coming - three more days is a long time for a child who is suffering.

Like I said, maybe I am thinking a little far ahead because of how I ended up - but thats only natural!

Just waiting for NHS direct to call me back

Edited to add > she said unless he is unwell in himself,feverish or vomiting i need not be concerned.

It is possible for spots still to appear up to a week and to call straight back if i have any further concerns.

Tbh i am satisfied ,i just needed to hear that from some one else.

When Stevie was hospitalised, she had spots and on the second day of them showing up we knew something was not right because she had a fever and wouldn't eat. I had taken her to the doctors on the second day and they said to try with paracetomol. The next morning (3rd day) she still wasn't better and was throwing the medicine back up at me, so I just called the ambulance.

Hope your little one feels better soon.:hug:

Thankyou :hug:

[/quote]

Just waiting for NHS direct to call me back

Edited to add > she said unless he is unwell in himself,feverish or vomiting i need not be concerned.

It is possible for spots still to appear up to a week and to call straight back if i have any further concerns.

Tbh i am satisfied ,i just needed to hear that from some one else.

Cool, I hope he feels better soon.

i have heard that if you get chicken pox more than once it can be a sign of a low immunity ........ dont know if it is true just something someone told me!

xxxxxx get well soon xxxxxxxxxx

Got home about 5 and she still only has the same spots as this morning, so I'm hoping they are just random spots.

becki, i wish your little one well and like the NHS direct have said as long as he is fine in himself, then there is no need to worry. I know it can look awful though.

If the person doesn't get a hard enough case of the pox, then yes they will most likely get them again. A hard case is all over the body. They are miserable.

I have a girlfriend who gets them whenever she is around anyone who has them and are contagious. She is 45 years old! But she never has gotten a BAD enough case of them to immune her system against them.

Both my boys had them down the throat, in between the fingers and toes and all over the body. This is was a hard enough case of them to inccolulate them from getting it again.

apparently you get chicken pox up to 6 times. there is a vaccination that children can have from 12 months to 15 months the name for chicken pox is varicella.chicken pox is a disease caused by the varicella zoster virus (shingles) usually runs it course without problems. incubation period is 10-20 days.

Latest posts

Back