Chicken Pox - Twice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoJoPearce

Reaction score
Can you get Chicken pox more then once?

My little one had it when she was about 8 months old (She will be 2 next week) and looks like she has a few spots coming up on her legs.

Mum said that she heard you can have it twice.

My little one had it when she was about 8 months old (She will be 2 next week) and looks like she has a few spots coming up on her legs.

Hi,
Shae (my eldest) had chickenpox 3 times! First two times he had it quite mild (about 10-20 spots) but the 3rd he was coverd!
The doctor said that a child can coninue to get them until they have had enough to build up a defence.
So if the 3rd time had been the 1st, he probably wouldn't have had them again - does that even make sence!? :lol:

Yes yes yes yes yes !!!!!!!

Bailey came out in them on wednesday morning,we went to the doctors and i asked her.

She said in med school they were taught no,however they are seeing many cases of peep getting it twice as the virus has mutated !

I didn't realise how bad they were,my little man is in such pain and discomfort from them.

I hope your little one is ok :Love:

Hi,
Shae (my eldest) had chickenpox 3 times! First two times he had it quite mild (about 10-20 spots) but the 3rd he was coverd!
The doctor said that a child can coninue to get them until they have had enough to build up a defence.
So if the 3rd time had been the 1st, he probably wouldn't have had them again - does that even make sence!? :lol:

Does make sence and this is what my mum said.

She did get them really bad first time, it was more like find a bit of skin without a spot. These these few spots do look the same.

Yes yes yes yes yes !!!!!!!

Bailey came out in them on wednesday morning,we went to the doctors and i asked her.

She said in med school they were taught no,however they are seeing many cases of peep getting it twice as the virus has mutated !

I didn't realise how bad they were,my little man is in such pain and discomfort from them.

I hope your little one is ok :Love:

Have you tried giving priton. He must be over one but helps with the itching.

It's horrible to see them looking like this.

Does make sence and this is what my mum said.

She did get them really bad first time, it was more like find a bit of skin without a spot. These these few spots do look the same.

He only had 6 on wednessday morning,he now has over 160 just in his hair :eek: and i went to check on him sleeping and he has many more on his face today than when he went to bed :cry:

He is taking Calpol and Piriton,tonnes of calomine lotion and bathing in bicarb (thanks Rach) he has them so bad he can't sit :cry:

Yep. My middle child got the Australian strain when she was about 1-2yrs, (my best mate was over and didn't realise that her son had them, until she got back) and ended up in hospital with infected chicken pox. Then she got them (the normal kiwi strain) again when she was about 6.

Have you tried giving priton. He must be over one but helps with the itching.

It's horrible to see them looking like this.[/quote

I swear by giving piriton when kids have chickenpox...... amazing stuff!
That horrible white lotion they say to use just makes the skin feel horrible and imo causes more distress to the kido.

Strange she has got them again after having them so bad the first time - can't help there, sorry!

He only had 6 on wednessday morning,he now has over 160 just in his hair :eek: and i went to check on him sleeping and he has many more on his face today than when he went to bed :cry:

He is taking Calpol and Piriton,tonnes of calomine lotion and bathing in bicarb (thanks Rach) he has them so bad he can't sit :cry:

OO Yeah - Bicarb in the bath is fantastic too!! Glad you ladies are bringing eveything back - Remi (my youngest) has just turned 3, so it's bound to be his turn soon!! At this rate I will be well prepared! :lol:

If he has 160+ on his scalp, it sounds like how I had them (although I was too young to know numbers! :lol: ).
Keep an eye on his tongue and throat.
My tongue was a mass of thick, loose dead white skin after a while.
They continued down my throat and up other areas I don't care to mention!!
I had to be hospitalised as I couldn't eat, or even move as my skin was so tight I could barely bend my joints.
I also had shingles shortly after recovering (related illnesses) so he could also be prone to that too.

I have been keeping a close eye on him but i will keep checking . I hope it doesn't get that bad. :Scared:

I have been keeping a close eye on him but i will keep checking . I hope it doesn't get that bad. :Scared:

Me too!! :cry:
Give him lots of cuddles and ice cream! :lol:

Funny you should say that cos he keeps saying i'm poorly so when the van rings i should get an ice cream :lol: not as daft as his dad :D

It's hard to cuddle him cos he is so uncomfortable but that's all he want to do (well and eat ice cream and watch sponge bob)

Do you know how many days til the spots stop comming out so i know when i can relax about his throat now ?

Thankyou x

Yes you can, I had chicken pox twice. Even though everyone said it was impossible, i definately had it twice !!

Can't imagine how horrible it is to have chicken pox. I've heard it is so uncomfortable!

I've never had it myself, although I've been in contact with it quite a few times. I even had a big slobbery kiss of my friends little 2 year old who a couple of days later broke out in the spots!

Neither me, hubby or my little boy (3) , have ever had it, yet all of us by rights should have by now, with the amount of times we've come in contact with it.

I wonder if it's possible that we are immune?????

I took him purposely a few times to peeps who had em in the hopes he would catch them whenn he was little (not a few weeks before we fly :eek:) so i think it's as much a case of luck than anything else.

And yeah you get em everywhere so they are not nice at all :(

Funny you should say that cos he keeps saying i'm poorly so when the van rings i should get an ice cream :lol: not as daft as his dad :D

It's hard to cuddle him cos he is so uncomfortable but that's all he want to do (well and eat ice cream and watch sponge bob)

Do you know how many days til the spots stop comming out so i know when i can relax about his throat now ?

Thankyou x

It takes a bit longer for the spots to 'scab' in areas of moisture (see how carefully that was worded!!:lol: )
I really can't remember (I was only 6!) but it felt like forever!
Sorry :rolleyes:

I have been using talc in those area's (that's where they are worse) i don't know if i am doing the right thing ?????

I just wish they would stop comming out and scab over

Becki,
I think you should call out a doctor. He sounds pretty bad. If he saw the doctor Wednesday (3 days ago) and had only 6 spots and now has 160+ on his scalp alone, he could be illergic to the virus (as was I my mum was told).
I would call out the doctor, say whatever you need to make sure they come! People can be a bit breezy with CP as it's so common, but there are some kids who can't handle it and suffer badly - so don't let the doctor tell you to come in Monday - that's practically another 3 days away!!

Deffinately can get it more than once AND they can get it after they have been innoculated too! My son got it a few weeks after the innoculation, luckily because he was vaccinated it was mild
Putting oatmeal or cornfour in the bath helps with the rash (any rash). Theres a great cream called Bepanthen which is for nappy rash, rash cuts (tattoos!!) hope all the little ones feel better soon!:hug:

Becki,
I think you should call out a doctor. He sounds pretty bad. If he saw the doctor Wednesday (3 days ago) and had only 6 spots and now has 160+ on his scalp alone, he could be illergic to the virus (as was I my mum was told).
I would call out the doctor, say whatever you need to make sure they come! People can be a bit breezy with CP as it's so common, but there are some kids who can't handle it and suffer badly - so don't let the doctor tell you to come in Monday - that's practically another 3 days away!!

Really ??? He isn't ill just very uncomfortable ,spotty and sore !

None have our family's have said this and i am a first time mum so i'm just learning myself and now i don't know what to do,i don't want to waste their time as it just spots but i am feeling a little anxious now

He has no temperature,sickness or loss of appetitie

Latest posts

Back