Claim back all your Bank Charges!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Sarah Lou!

HSBC is doing things differently now... we've been giving a hearing date, with no mention of an allocation Questionairre... and it is taking weeks. Usually the solicitors write and ask for a breakdown of charges and within about 2 weeks... they tell us they have paid!

Not anymore!

I'm waiting for 2.5k and then I'm going to tackle my credit cards from a few years back when I was single and liked going out too much!

Well done Sarah Lou!

HSBC is doing things differently now... we've been giving a hearing date, with no mention of an allocation Questionairre... and it is taking weeks. Usually the solicitors write and ask for a breakdown of charges and within about 2 weeks... they tell us they have paid!

Not anymore!

O no I've sent my second letter off so I might not get anything, I thought this was all meant to be easy...:cry:

His website is Reclaim Unfair Charges from banks & credit card companies!

I just had a look and his users have claimed back over £127,000 so far !!

Gina
Professionails Hand & Body Care Products

This is the website my sister has used to claim back her charges. She's just received a cheque for £500 from the Woolwich. Her TSB loan has had the payment protection refunded and she is just weeks away from a further £7k!!!

I'm now in the process of claiming all late payment fee's (and there have been many over the years:lol:) on my credit cards.

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I've finally managed to get my act together and I feel that I should reclaim some of the bank charges made against me.

The only problem is, I have destroyed some of the bank info I need like account numbers and when the charges were made as I constantly moved my credit card debt around to 0% APR cards and as soon as I did that, I destroyed the paperwork for the old one.

As all the template letters state that you need to add your account no. and date of the charges, does that mean if I wrote a general letter without these details that I won't be able to claim ? I know who the banks are, I just don't have the acount details anymore ....

Marlise

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I've finally managed to get my act together and I feel that I should reclaim some of the bank charges made against me.

The only problem is, I have destroyed some of the bank info I need like account numbers and when the charges were made as I constantly moved my credit card debt around to 0% APR cards and as soon as I did that, I destroyed the paperwork for the old one.

As all the template letters state that you need to add your account no. and date of the charges, does that mean if I wrote a general letter without these details that I won't be able to claim ? I know who the banks are, I just don't have the acount details anymore ....

Marlise

Would a credit report from experium show these up, if so you could pay them for a report which might be worth it in the long run. HTH

I'm claiming from Abbey for Bank and Credit Card charges.

They have paid up in full for the Credit Card charges (£900) with me only writing a couple of letters but I'm having to go the whole way for the Bank Charges (£2,500).

I now have a court date for the bank charges and have just sent off my 'court bundle' - just a word of advice, if/when you get to this stage, do make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get it prepared. I left mine to the last minute (as always) and ended up working till 3am and 5am for quite a few mornings to get it ready in time - it was SO stressful and it is quite involved, especially the legal stuff.

For anyone who might be having second thoughts about claiming, go for it, there's plenty of info on the Money Saving Expert Website, and lots of helpful people.

Jackie
x

i just got mine back £2,150 wwwooohhhooo :green:

Thanks for the suggestion of Experian. I'll give it a go.

I know this is probably a very personal questions and slap me if you wish, but I think in total my bank charges are about £200.

I've seen quite a few posts on here were the amounts are in thousands. Is this just in excess bank charges (i.e. overdraft payments, late payments etc) or am I missing something ?

Marlise

It's going back over the last 6 years, so depending on how well (or not, in my case) you 'managed' your bank account will depend on how much you were charged over that period for going overdrawn etc. Some people are only claiming a few hundred because that's how much they were charged over the last 6 years.

Jackie
x

This came through to me via Fool today. Seems like the banks are getting "out of" having to pay the bank charges back for quite a few years.

They always seem to find a way to do the little man over :irked::irked:

Big Blow For Bank Charges Victims - 27/07/2007

:evil: Bummer isn't it? My Court Case is due on the 17th August and now I don't know whether this 'suspension' of cases is going to affect those already due in court - just have to wait and see I suppose. According to people on the Money Saving Expert forum who have contacted their county court, they are being told it's business as usual, but I'm watching the forums to see if anyone has success in court since the 26th when they released the news about claims being suspended.

Jackie

Copied from the Money Saving Expert Website - a petition for anyone who is interested to sign....................

the man that started it all Stephen Hone of Penalty charges.co.uk has started a Downing street petition on Bank Charges

here is the copy and pasted e-mail from the great man himself

Quote:
Dear Members

We have now launched the Official petition to try and bring an end to banks applying theses charges,
If your work in the media please publish this.

This petition is to ask the government to bring in legislation that prevents banks or any company offering finance, or credit agreements from applying charges (Penalty charges) for items as Bounced DDs, bounced cheques going overdrawn, late payment or charges alike. We ask that the Government bring in legislation that before any company can apply such charges to a consumer that a Court, must rule that the level of charges outlined in the contracts that a company/organisation wishes to present to a consumer, is fair and reasonable and is compatible with the UTCCR. This will also better protect the consumer and the vulnerable who's only cause of action at the moments is to start legal proceeding against the company that has applied such charges. It will force companies to legally prove that their contacts are fair and transparent. we request that parliament make it a criminal offence for any Bank or company to take such charges from state benefits without a court approval/order.

I hope you can spare a little time to sign the petition and also email this to as many people as you can,

Here the link
Petition to: bring in new legislation to prevent the current abuse by banks and companys in relation to Penalty charges.

Thank you for your time

Stephen Hone

2 minutes of your time to get behind this is surely worth it !!!!. i hope this goes higher than the Road pricing one and gets lots of Media coverage . Mr G. Brown i hope you are listening too

Please post to say you have signed and your opinions on this to keep the post fresh and at the top for futher people to see it

Signed the petition !

Marlise

Hi guys
I have just claimed back £2250 through a company called Action For Consumers. They work with a solicitors firm so they have more power if the banks start getting funny which they did with me. I'm with HSBC,( or was! ) and they offered me £500 to which I said no way. All the law terms and stuff was getting really complicated.They stopped replying to letters so I went with this company who had helped my friend and they got me all that i was owed and more! They are now claiming back my credit charges too.:lol: I too am going to go on a creative course with my dosh!

try Welcome to Action for Consumers - Reclaim Your Bank Charges Back - No Win No Fee

xx

There is absolutely no need for anyone to go to one of these companies to get their bank charges back - all the information you need to help you claim is on Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more and it's FREE - won't cost you a penny, unlike the company Miss Prissy is advertising which will charge you 20% of your money as their fee. All it's costs you is a little time, and sometimes not even that - I got my Credit Card charges back in full (close on £1,000) after just 2 letters to Abbey - now why would I want to give £200 of my money to a company for writing just 2 letters???

Also, as there is now a 'stay' on reclaiming bank charges until after the test case, companies like these will not have any more 'clout' than the average person.

This is your first post, and I don't think advertising a company that has nothing to do with nails is actually allowed, so I'm reporting this post.

I had alot of problems and stress to claim back my money and I found this compnay very helpful. as you have said yourself you were up at 3am working on your case. I run a very busy salon and do not have the time or energy so this way worked for me. They didn't cut into my money they claimed back interest on top at a much higher % than you can get yourself.

It worked for me and it may work for others too who find it all a bit much. Taking on a bank who are wanting to fight you in court is very scary. We do not all possess your confidence in handling these matters!

Good luck to you in court. I think it is very admirable of you to do what you are doing by yourself.

One last word on this subject...

This may have been the first topic I have joined in. It happens to be one that has caused me much grief. I am not plugging Action for Consumers they just happened to give a very good service to me. For your knowledge Moneyexpert.com are a profit making organisation. Do you think that Martin Lewis does it for the love of the public? you give them a plug in everyone of your replys. Are you profiting? shall I report you?:lol:

PS Why don't you get out from behind your computer and get a life?

For your knowledge Moneyexpert.com are a profit making organisation. Do you think that Martin Lewis does it for the love of the public? you give them a plug in everyone of your replys. Are you profiting? shall I report you?:lol:

Martin Lewis and his website has cost me and thousands of others NOTHING - all the advice is free - unlike the company you are plugging.

PS Why don't you get out from behind your computer and get a life?

Goodness - you certainly know how to make friends on a forum, don't you? I'm sure you'll be welcomed to the fold for comments like that!

Do you really think companies like money expert survive on giving free advice? Those sites are so detailed it takes a team of people to keep them live. They don't do it for free. If you have read today's Times there is a very interesting article on how companies use 'popular bloggers and forum users' to promote their companies. Paying them up to £10 a time for each time they mention a company. You seem very knowledgeable and defensive of any other way in which to tackle the bank robbers so to say. Need I say more?!

All I was doing was giving an alternative. I am not plugging any company. It worked for me - simple as. For me to take a day out of work I loose £450. So, if they take a percentage of the interest and save me hassle - I'm obvioulsy a winner as I'm not loosing a days revenue. I'm not up till 5am ploughing through legal jargon as you are. - therefore probably too tired to carry out a days work, hence you lose out on even more money! You do the maths.

I won without going to court.

This argument is quite ridiculous anyhow. Everyone is entitled to an opinon. There are many ways to settle a dispute. You are going your way and I went mine. I won mine without having to go to court. There are many companies out there helping people out. I simply put my opinion out there, it worked for me and can work for anybody else whoever they choose to get help from.

I'm not here to make friends. I am offering a point of view - this is what forums are for. If I make friends then that is a bonus. I am not going to agree with everything that people say in order to get some extra mates. People that use these forums should accept others points of view without using bullying to control what is said. It's a big wide world full of many people with different opinions. This is what makes life what it is.

I still stand by what I said before and I wish you luck.

Hi,

I have sent all my letters off regarding credit card charges that have been made against me.

Every single bank wrote back saying that due to the Test Case, they don't have to investigate my claim until the Test Case is finalised.

As I'm claiming CREDIT card charges and not BANK charges (which the test case is based around) I want to write back to the banks (WITH EVIDENCE) and get them to look into my claims.

I have looked all over the web but can't find a decent document that supports my statement.

Does anyone know what I can include in my letter as supporting evidence to my claim ?

Thanks

Marlise

Latest posts

Back