Clarins or Benefit??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen91

Reaction score
Hey :) Im so confused i don't know what to do!!!

I have passed my interview and have a job with clarins..training which i would start in london in the next few weeks. i was really excited about this, untill benefit makeup rung me asking for an interview!

I dont know which would be the best company to work for?
any ideas?

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

thankyou xxx

i love benefit but why not go to the interview and see how it goes first you may not like what they have to say.

I have 4 interviews coming up in next few weeks, I have 2 tomorrow, 1 for airport beauty lounge the other for bare minerals, others are for make up artist/advisor and beverley knight make up.

I have no idea which one i will take IF i get any of them but I want to make an informed choice based on the interview.

good luck xx

Thanks for the reply hun. it's just i know definatley i have the job for clarins, and i would start monday, where as the interview for benefit isnt while tuesday.

i think im going to go clarins as it is a bigger company :) x

From a consumer point of view,
I've tried both brands, & my personal favourite is definitely
Benefit.

I love the whole image & marketing, & even though the images they use are quite retro, they just seem so much more up to date,modern & vibrant than Clarins, to me anyway :)

The best blusher I've ever had is by Benefit.:Love:

The most stingingly painful face-wash I've ever got near my eyes was by Clarins. :irked:

But GOOD LUCK!!!!
Whoever you go with :hug:

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im confused now i dont know what to do!!!! :( :( :( xxx

Can you not postpone your start with Clarins for a week or two and then attend the Benefit interview and let them know that you will need a decision fairly quickly. Give Benefit a call and ask them what the interview process is cause you don't want to go on Tuesday and then be hanging around waiting for days on end for a second interview.

From a consumer point of view I'd say Clarins.

I love Clarins skin care and foundation. I never feel pushed into buying anything. Whereas at Benefit, every single time I've bought anything from there it was a hard sell. I've heard quite a few stories from people who used to work at a benefit counter that it was very highly sales driven.
Posted via Mobile Device

I love benefit too. :) i think its a hard choice xx

Get clarins on your cv it will look good even if your only with them for a year its a good foundation towards your career
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi,

I worked for Estee Lauder for several years in various roles (started on counter and progressed to field management)...I would suggest that you go with Clarins...if you still fancy Benefit it's maybe something you could move on to later. Once you are trained and have experience working for a cosmetics company, it's relatively easy to change companies...also you will have an idea from your collegues by then who are the best employers.

Clarins will give you excellent training, and within a larger company there will be more chance to progress.

Good luck!

Sarah x

Hi!

I used to be an account manager for benefit and I would say go with clarins.. They are a lot more skin care based and will teach you how to do facials etc.. which will look great on your cv.. with benefit you are given training on the selling techniques but not really on applying the make-up.. Im a trained make-up artist but my staff were not and I had to train them from scratch. Also the allocation with clarins is sooo much better :)

Good luck!!

I agree with one of the previous posters I use a lot more Benefit products than Clarins but think Clarins have the edge and also benefit they are mega pushy in their sales and I have come away will lots of things that dont suit me which they have recommended (I feel daft!) so I know its just their targets they are achieving - and I recently met an ex benefit sales person who said the hard sale is very much their culture so personally I would go to Clarins :)

They are both fantasitc companies but I say go with Clarins for the time being, thank Benefit for their time and say you have accepted a position elsewhere then see what happens in the future. That way if Clarins doesnt work out you haven't burnt your bridges with Benefit.

I am taking it that the interview with Benefit was an 'audition day'?

HTH xxx

Hi - my first time posting on here but I've been reading the forums on here for a while.

A few people have advised working for Clarins for a while and then perhaps moving onto Benefit or somewhere else. Just to let you know - I used to work for Clarins a few years ago and it's a great company to work for, but be aware that if you leave within 2 years you have to pay them back for part of the training!

I didn't know this when I started, but found out the hard way lol. They do have great training though and invest a lot in their staff. It's a residential course so it must cost them a lot to train staff, to be fair.

Is a clarins consultant for nearly 8 years full and now part time, i would say you would be mad if you didnt choose them. They are a really good company to work for, their products are to die for and yes i find them easy to sell cause they work!! there is is no hard sell tactics and they really appreciate theree clients/customers. they also put alot money and good work in poor countrys where they get there ingredients from and they dont broadcast how many charitys they help and i can tell you they support alot.
Also there training is excellent and they are very generous with allocation etc. sorry nothing bad to say about them. hope it helps you make a decision though. good luck.:hug:

Would you be working as a Clarins counter assistant or therapist ?

I am Clarins trained as a therapist, a few years ago now but the training was fantastic, it was like a really enjoyable working holiday ! It was a few years ago now so im sure things are even better but on top of the training all of your meals are provided for and the hotel was one of the best ive ever stayed in.

They really know how to look after their employees and if I lived closer to a Clarins Spa I would love to go back and work with the products.

If you have got a position as a Clarins therapist then you would be mad to turn it down as they are quite hard to come by and as they get so many applicants it can be quite hard to get through, so well done !

I l ove Benefit cosmetics, but for a career I would definately choose Clarins. You have many more aspects to it than just make up and as others have said it's a good name to have on your CV in the future.

Good luck.:hug:

Would you be working as a Clarins counter assistant or therapist ?

exactly, nothing benefit could offer would match this, love or loath there products Clarins therapist training is excellent.

Su x

Latest posts

Back