Classy Craft for glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
I have posted this in the Rockstar group a few days ago but no one has read it :(
I came across the site after searching for glitter to use for my Rockstar, there's about 10 shades f glitter I want to order but just wondered if anyone has used the site & obviously used the glitter?? I have Martha glitter but wanted some more pastel shades for summer. Any ideas geeks?
X

Hi i personally would use any type of glitter on nails which is what my teacher advised me. I have bought different coloured glitter from ebay and have used on myself and has been 100% fine and is a lot cheaper. Also have a look in Hobby Craft they have lots of different glitters to choose from x

Hi i personally would use any type of glitter on nails which is what my teacher advised me. I have bought different coloured glitter from ebay and have used on myself and has been 100% fine and is a lot cheaper. Also have a look in Hobby Craft they have lots of different glitters to choose from x

Thanks Hun. Iv got some glitter from Hobby Craft but only had 5 colours :-/ will have a look on eBay now x

Heya hunny,
Iv used classy crafts glitter (the hunky dory ones)
heres a photo :), hope this helps.

DSCN3995.jpg

L-R:Amythest Shimmer, Fuschia Pink, Jade Sparkles, Angel Whispers, Tiger Eyes, Diamond Hologrm and Rose Petal.

Is the jade sparkles glitter really that turquoise colour or is it just the picture? It looks gorgeous! :Love:

It really is that gorgeous colour hun, i love anything teal or turquoise. I used two layers of Hotski to Tchtski or however you spell it, then sprinkled the glitter over :D. x x

I actually love that colour! Going to have to get some of these :biggrin:

Heya hunny,

DSCN3995.jpg

L-R:Amythest Shimmer, Fuschia Pink, Jade Sparkles, Angel Whispers, Tiger Eyes, Diamond Hologrm and Rose Petal.

Ohhh wow those are the colours iv chosen!!!! Defiantly gonna get these now! Can I just ask how you do your Rockstar? X

I'm quite new hunny. On a client i would basecoat cure 10 seconds, 2 colour coats cure 2 minutes each coat, sprinkle glitter over brush off excess gently with a soft haired brush and pat down glitter to make sure smooth, topcoat then cure 2 minutes. Then rub off inhibition layer with d sperse. On the nail display i did everything i just said but DIDNT use basecoat as its abit of a waste :biggrin:. Good luck hunny and i hope i helped abit :hug: Also check out (Holly) AKA fingernailfixer on youtube she has some fab videos regarding shellac/rockstar x

Ohhh wow those are the colours iv chosen!!!! Defiantly gonna get these now! Can I just ask how you do your Rockstar? X

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty new to rockstar too. Iv done my own toes & did a client last week. She's just rang saying the top layer has come off & this also happened to one of my toes. I do the procedure like you, base coat, 2 colours & cure then sprinkle & pat into inhibition layer with 2 coats of top coat. I'm maybe thinking the glitter layer has kinda nothing to hang onto if you get me? Iv watched finger nail fixer & I'm sure she's done rockstar a few different ways one of them was to put the 2nd layer of colour & don't cure then sprinkle glitter, pat down THEN CURE?? Then 2 coats of top coat. This way the glitter is cured between coats rather than just in top coat??? Sorry iv rambled on & hope iv made sense??!! Ha xx

I understand you hunny :lol: dont worry. I think that may the way to go to try another method and see what lasts for you. I think with rockstar you have to take it slowly and be very thorough which im sure you are. Making sure the whole nail is covered and cap free edge, put the glitter on and carefully pat so the glitter is smooth, etc all the little things count. I really hope you find a way that works for you, trial and error is what helps people. x x

Yeah I'm pretty new to rockstar too. Iv done my own toes & did a client last week. She's just rang saying the top layer has come off & this also happened to one of my toes. I do the procedure like you, base coat, 2 colours & cure then sprinkle & pat into inhibition layer with 2 coats of top coat. I'm maybe thinking the glitter layer has kinda nothing to hang onto if you get me? Iv watched finger nail fixer & I'm sure she's done rockstar a few different ways one of them was to put the 2nd layer of colour & don't cure then sprinkle glitter, pat down THEN CURE?? Then 2 coats of top coat. This way the glitter is cured between coats rather than just in top coat??? Sorry iv rambled on & hope iv made sense??!! Ha xx

Yeah iv just done RockStar using the new method so we'll see. Thanks for your replies xx

Np hunny, i hope it goes well. Let me know how you get on x x

Yeah iv just done RockStar using the new method so we'll see. Thanks for your replies xx

I've got them. They are very good. Great size pots too. a couple of the holo ones are less holographic than i expected but still lovely.

I've got them. They are very good. Great size pots too. a couple of the holo ones are less holographic than i expected but still lovely.

MissOwen can I ask how you do RockStar nails? X

Just placed my order!!!!! :)

Can i ask what angel whisper is like its hard to see in the photo. I am wanting a nice white glitter.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sorry also wanted to ask about the rose petal one. They don't seem to have it. They have one called rose diamond. I am wondering if they have changed the name?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Heya hunny,

DSCN3995.jpg

Thanx for sharing these, just placed an order as I found my glitters too coarse! Xx

The jade one is out of stock :sad:
these look great i bought the glitters from S2 and compared to some i had in from years ago i didnt find the glitter fine enough ...looking forward to trying these

Vicky x

Latest posts

Back