cleaning straighteners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
Hi chaps and chappettes! I just bought some really cheap straighteners at my local Capital, they're the Oobi ones for £8.99. I know they're not and never will be GHD's, but I only want them as a temporary measure for my own fringe. Before I start working on the public I'll buy some much better ones.

My problem is, I've only used them once and the plates (ceramic) have got a little dirty already! I think it's product as I use a heat protecting spray before using them and already have serum & mousse in my hair, but I'd like to know how to clean it off without damaging the plates!

(I only use them to get my Bettie Page fringe back in the morning as I look like that gorilla has dragged me about the bedroom:green:)

Any advice?:hug:

isopropyl alcohol on a cotton pad- apply to pad, rub gently until residue is removed. If you use any thing more aggressive it will scratch the plates and can create damage to the hair.

isopropyl alcohol on a cotton pad- apply to pad, rub gently until residue is removed. If you use any thing more aggressive it will scratch the plates and can create damage to the hair.

Great! Thanks:hug:

you could always use a wet cloth such as a baby wipe.acetone free nail varnish remover is also great.as before though just becareful not to scratch the plates.

I clean mine with acetone when they have been turned off and are slightly warm , but test them on the edge first if they are the coated ones as acetone may not be so good for the coated ones :hug:

Latest posts

Back