Cleaning Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkPotions

Reaction score
This might sound really dumb but was just talking to someone about something quick and non messy to make for dinner and they suggested chicken kievs and chips as it cooks itself in the oven but i was moaning about then having two wash 2 big trays after it and she said she puts tin foil over all her oven trays and then just bins it and the tray is clean!!!

She also said that to clean the microwave just put in a bowl of hot water with lemon juice and let it boil and the steam will clean it up then just wipe later on!

What cleaning tips do you lot have that you can share.....

Be good to hear some tips, I moved into my first home this year so always nice to have some tips. Would be interested in any tips to remove stains from carpets as I can't replace them yet.

One I learnt, when you move furniture you get marks on carpets liek flat spots. Well if you place a tea towel and then steam iron over them it raises the fibres and reduces the marks.

Be good to hear some tips, I moved into my first home this year so always nice to have some tips. Would be interested in any tips to remove stains from carpets as I can't replace them yet.

One I learnt, when you move furniture you get marks on carpets liek flat spots. Well if you place a tea towel and then steam iron over them it raises the fibres and reduces the marks.

My mum always told me to rub an ice cube over the dented carpet! Never tried it though x

Depending on what caused the stain you can remove stains from carpets with allsorts (check they're synthetic and not wool carpets first). A solution of water and white vinegar, or water & bicarbonate of Soda are good, and they both remove odours really well (make sure it's a weak solution of vinegar if you use that one though or you'll replace the smell you're trying to get rid of with the smell of vinegar!)

I've got the "How Clean is your House" book and there's hundered of good tips in there. My favourite one is this: When you've cleaned your cooker, get a piece of kitchen roll and put a drop of baby oil on it. Rub it all over the cooker top so it leaves an invisible film. It will still look as clean, but then any spills from cooking will wipe away really easily.

I love the one about cleaning your microwave out with a bowl of water and slice of lemon. It really does work and it makes your kitchen smell lovely.

I've got the "How Clean is your House" book and there's hundered of good tips in there. My favourite one is this: When you've cleaned your cooker, get a piece of kitchen roll and put a drop of baby oil on it. Rub it all over the cooker top so it leaves an invisible film. It will still look as clean, but then any spills from cooking will wipe away really easily.

I love the one about cleaning your microwave out with a bowl of water and slice of lemon. It really does work and it makes your kitchen smell lovely.

Ooh I have that book as well, I got bought it for christmas one year by hubbie!:rolleyes:
I use a damp cloth and soap powder to make my sink shiny again when it dulls and I also use this to remove tea stains from mugs and teaspoons.

We line our grill pan with tinfoil and just lift out and bin.

Oooh must try the soap powder on my teaspoons!

Now for mine - Windolene really shines up your toilet seat easily.

oh oh oh ..now mine..dont cook...amazing how clean the cooker stays..xxx

I have two....

1. When cooking eggs,they really smell your kitchen out,so add a touch of bleach to your water to get rid of the smell on the plates...

2.When you have emptied your washing up bowl,there is always soap suds in the sink,get a bottle and fill it with frabric conditioner,it will disolve the bubbles and make your kitchen smell nice too.!!

Also,lemon on wooden chopping boards gets rid of smells and cleans it with no germs !!

I have two....

1. When cooking eggs,they really smell your kitchen out,so add a touch of bleach to your water to get rid of the smell on the plates...

2.When you have emptied your washing up bowl,there is always soap suds in the sink,get a bottle and fill it with frabric conditioner,it will disolve the bubbles and make your kitchen smell nice too.!!

Also,lemon on wooden chopping boards gets rid of smells and cleans it with no germs !!

Come on number one must be a wind up :lol:

I have two....

I can see what Lelli means:lol:. to be honest SJ, I know what you mean, ie you add a bit of bleach to your washing up water to kill the smell on the plates.....BUT....... when I first read it, I interpreted it to mean that you add bleach to the water you cook your eggs in to get rid of the egg smell:lol::lol:.

Well if thats the sort of tips we're offering, here;s a couple more for you:

Small child choking on an ice cube? Simply pour a jug of boiling water down their throat and hey presto, the blockage is cleared

Children not flushing the toilet? simple. Just get each child to swallow a numbered disc each morning. That way, when "evidence" isnt flushed away, you can easily identify the non-flushing culprit.

At Christmas, dont waste money on expensive snow spray for the windows. Simply glue dessicated coconut to the windows. After Christmas this can be peeled off and given to small children as a delicious treat.

I can see what Lelli means:lol:. to be honest SJ, I know what you mean, ie you add a bit of bleach to your washing up water to kill the smell on the plates.....BUT....... when I first read it, I interpreted it to mean that you add bleach to the water you cook your eggs in to get rid of the egg smell:lol::lol:.

Well if thats the sort of tips we're offering, here;s a couple more for you:

Small child choking on an ice cube? Simply pour a jug of boiling water down their throat and hey presto, the blockage is cleared

Children not flushing the toilet? simple. Just get each child to swallow a numbered disc each morning. That way, when "evidence" isnt flushed away, you can easily identify the non-flushing culprit.

At Christmas, dont waste money on expensive snow spray for the windows. Simply glue dessicated coconut to the windows. After Christmas this can be peeled off and given to small children as a delicious treat.

love it!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Michelle, those last tips were great!!!...got anymore!?!?!

xx

TIP 1 use a microfibre cloth for everything!!!
seriously works with just water- wipe with a damp one (eg windows, bath, sink etc) then dry with another. you WILL enjoy cleaning windows!
TIP 2 you can buy washable reuseable(i wash mine in the d/washer) baking sheets to put on baking trays/grill pans (kleeneze/bettaware etc.)

My mum always told me to rub an ice cube over the dented carpet! Never tried it though x
Funnily enough I have tried this one although I was told to leave the ice cube to melt was then supossed to go over with the hover I think but it took so long for the ice to melt I never got round to the hovering bit needless to say I didnt notice much of a difference :)

Sorry but you know I can't resist Viz Top Tips:)
Not all really cleaning but it's the "cleanest" ones I know:lol:

SLOVENLY householders. Always keep a few 'Get Well Soon' cards on the mantlepiece. When unexpected visitors arrive you can tell them that you have not been well and that's why the house is untidy.

HOUSEWIVES. Make the normally mundane task of switching the central heating on a little more exciting by singing 'The heating's on' to the tune of 80s hit The Heat is On by Glen Frey as you are doing it.

WHEN cooking spaghetti, tie all the ends together. That way you can eat it in one long suck, eliminating the drudgery of washing up knives and forks.

FOOL your friends into thinking you use expensive butter by simply using cheap margerine and ripping holes in the bread

IN A RUSH? Cook your breakfast egg in half the time by replacing the water in the pan with commercially available brake fluid which boils at 200?c.

BOIL an egg to perfection without costly eggtimers by popping the egg into boiling water and driving away from your home at exactly 60 mph. After 3 miles, phone your wife and tell her to take the egg out the pan.

BANANA lovers. Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest, to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning.

I have two....

lol that got me till i read it twice , lol

Sorry but you know I can't resist Viz Top Tips:)
Not all really cleaning but it's the "cleanest" ones I know:lol:

SLOVENLY householders. Always keep a few 'Get Well Soon' cards on the mantlepiece. When unexpected visitors arrive you can tell them that you have not been well and that's why the house is untidy.

HOUSEWIVES. Make the normally mundane task of switching the central heating on a little more exciting by singing 'The heating's on' to the tune of 80s hit The Heat is On by Glen Frey as you are doing it.

WHEN cooking spaghetti, tie all the ends together. That way you can eat it in one long suck, eliminating the drudgery of washing up knives and forks.

FOOL your friends into thinking you use expensive butter by simply using cheap margerine and ripping holes in the bread

IN A RUSH? Cook your breakfast egg in half the time by replacing the water in the pan with commercially available brake fluid which boils at 200?c.

BOIL an egg to perfection without costly eggtimers by popping the egg into boiling water and driving away from your home at exactly 60 mph. After 3 miles, phone your wife and tell her to take the egg out the pan.

BANANA lovers. Buy your bananas in bunches of 5 on Sunday. Then arrange them in order of ripeness and write a day of the week on each banana in felt pen, Monday on the ripest, Friday on the greenest, to save time making those decisions on a hectic weekday morning.

:lol: love them too !!

Latest posts

Back