Clear semi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna hair

Reaction score
When i was training we used a wella studio twice a week. We used to offer a clear semi adding shine to hair.
I was wandering if anyone still uses clear semis and which one you prefer?

We use loreal dialight it's fab for creating a cast if mixed with other colours x

sorry to be dim - but what do you mean by 'cast'?

sorry to be dim - but what do you mean by 'cast'?

Well for example one of my stylist has pre lightened and tones with 901 then we use the clear put a tiny tiny bit of blue concentrate so when the light hits it gives a much softer icy look x

Sounds fab. Thanks for the explanation.

Wella colour touch relights /00 is brill :) and say if it was blonde and it needed toning ever so slightly you can add some of the /86 or /18 :) I really love relights :)

Wella colour touch relights /00 is brill :) and say if it was blonde and it needed toning ever so slightly you can add some of the /86 or /18 :) I really love relights :)

Do you use it after a colour to add a glossy shine or mix it in with another colour?

My old boss had very over processed bleached hair and we eventually talked her into going dark. The condition of her hair looked better straight away but after colouring it i suggested this semi (the salon didn't use wella so she didn't know about it) after drying her hair you would never have guessed how damaged her hair was by looking at it

If I was going to colour lightened hair I would always use colour touch, you don't really need to add any of the /00 to colour cause they're already shiny, I suppose if you wanted a shine boost you could apply it after :)

Also you shouldn't really mix relights with any of the colour touch range, relights are intermixable with other relights but non of the others :)

Do you use it after a colour to add a glossy shine or mix it in with another colour?

My old boss had very over processed bleached hair and we eventually talked her into going dark. The condition of her hair looked better straight away but after colouring it i suggested this semi (the salon didn't use wella so she didn't know about it) after drying her hair you would never have guessed how damaged her hair was by looking at it

You can also add it to a toner to slow it down so you get more time to apply it x

Matrix clear semi is brill :)

Thanks for the explanation:)
g.gif

Hi, my hair dresser used to put a clear gloss on my hair, i've stopped colouring my hair now and it's looking quite dull. can i put a clear gloss on my hair without colour, how do i do this? thanks, anna :)

Hi, my hair dresser used to put a clear gloss on my hair, i've stopped colouring my hair now and it's looking quite dull. can i put a clear gloss on my hair without colour, how do i do this? thanks, anna :)

This is a forum for professionals. Go back to your hairdresser, don't attempt it yourself!

Have you thought to use the matrix prizms color glossing, its a back bar alternative and you can cut the hair with it on, incredible shine for up to 10 washes. Very hydrating smells good and its a service called glass finish. xoxo

Yes you can put a clear gloss on your hair without color. They actually have boxes of clear or shine gloss treatments in stores (walmart, smiths, etc)
The best one i have used was the matrix prizms plus but you need a license to get it. However you dont need to mix it and you can do it yourself.
Apply to your hair and leave on for about 30 min sit in the sun if you dont have a dryer. =)
This is for (PROFESSIONALS) but this is so simple and non damaging you should know how to do this.

Have you thought to use the matrix prizms color glossing, its a back bar alternative and you can cut the hair with it on, incredible shine for up to 10 washes. Very hydrating smells good and its a service called glass finish. xoxo
I agree with you. The smell is great I love all of matrix line there bleach smells good to. ;)

When I used to tone with a 9.02 loreal didialight (discontinued- pink tube) I would mix it with a 9 base if the client just needed that tiny bit of tone, rather than a neat 9.02, now they no longer do a 9, so I am planning to mix my 9.02 with the clear to water it down for the same result, good idea or not? X

We use Aveda in our salon and they have recently brought out a 'clear semi' called 0N, designed to add a gloss to the hair, however, I have to say I'm not overly impressed with it, the only use I can find for it is adding pastel blue/violet tone to it and using it as a soft toner :) xxx

You could use colour touch relights /00 with 1.9 CT emulsion, or use the Sebastian cellophanes :) both are fab!

Latest posts

Back