clear tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melanie390

Reaction score
Hi guys,
just a quick question to ask i was doing acrylic nails, but seen as my own natural nails got damaged, ive decided to try and learn gel nails, what im not aware of why is it your only allowed to use clear tips to do gel nails why cant you use white as well.

You should only use clear tips if you are using white gel as the white reflects the light and you require clear tips to allow the light to penetrate.

With my system I can and do use natural tips when using paint on white but you should check with your supplier. HTH

I use nsi balance gel and I use any tips I like depending on what finished result the client wants. I have never had a problem with any tips. I did a french finish with POW and used natural tips. I only tend to use clear tips with glitter of shell effects. hth xxx

Hi guys,
just a quick question to ask i was doing acrylic nails, but seen as my own natural nails got damaged, ive decided to try and learn gel nails, what im not aware of why is it your only allowed to use clear tips to do gel nails why cant you use white as well.
From the statement that you have made you seam to be under the same impression as many clients,
acrylic does NOT damage your nails the nail technician does the damage if not doing the job right,
Gel and L&P (what you call acrylic) are both from the acrylic family and have very similar ingredients,
if you are going to be using a buff off gel you will more than likely do more damage to your nails when you try to buff them off,
im not saying there is anything wrong with gel nails i just wanted to explain that to you, hth

I have never had to use only clear tips on gels I use any tips with gel, never really gave it second thought really and all tips give the same good effect.

Latest posts

Back