Clearing funds in a bank

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Gemma*

Reaction score
Hi
I wonder if any of you lovely geeks can help me please? I have bought a car last Wednesday and paid for it by cheque, obviouskly because I bought it privately and not from a garage I couldn't take the car until the cheque had cleared.

My question is, the funds have left my bank overnight, will they go straight into the car owners account or do they pop off somewhere else to earn someone a bit of interest for another day or two.

Please tell me I can ring this lady up and go and pick my new car up.

Thanks in advance

Depends if your bank and her bank are the same it will show up straight away, however I think the funds are still not properly cleared for 5 days

Although it's cleared from yours it probably wont be showing in hers till tomorrow or possibly Thursday.
Give her a call tomorrow.

depends on the bank hun, when we were with halifax , once it was showing as gone from our account it would be cleared in theirs within a day if not same day, when we switched to if.com, we can see its left our bank but sometimes dosent clear in other persons bank for 4-5 working days after it left ours, i get so frustrated with this, that if we are making a large purchase i sometimes splash out and use BACS instead, as payment is immediate

hoep you get the car soon hun xxxxx

BACS is a free service but takes upto 3 working days.
Chaps also known as telegraphic transfer is payable but only takes about an hour.
Bank to bank transfer. - Same bank immediate.
Internet transfer - can be same day - up to 5 working days depends on bank.
Cheques. Can clear immediatly depending again on the bank and if the other persons account uses a clearing bank. eg - if they bank with allied Irish - HSBC is the clearing bank. 3-5 working days.

Call you bank and ask if your payment has cleared their account yet.
Also, if the other person looks at a "hole in the wall" may not show till next working day. If they check over the phone or at the counter it is accurate.

xxx

so i guess the answer is - ring your bank becuase it's different for everyone.

ooh i meant chaps then the one where you pay £25 but its done that day, duhhhhhh im so dumb sometimes, ok all the time rofl

xxxxxx

I agree it depends on which bank,the halifax takes 10,yes 10 flipping working days for a cheque to clear !

ooh i meant chaps then the one where you pay £25 but its done that day, duhhhhhh im so dumb sometimes, ok all the time rofl

xxxxxx
thought you might. i send about 200 if the blooming things every day! x

Thanks everyone, it has cleared in her account. I pick my car up at 6. At last!

Thanks everyone, it has cleared in her account. I pick my car up at 6. At last!

WOO HOO time to rock and roll gem xxxxxxx :)
ENJOY hunni bunch
x

jules x

WOO HOO time to rock and roll gem xxxxxxx :)
ENJOY hunni bunch
x

jules x

Thanks hunni, and thnks for putting up with me whinging for a week about it.:hug:

Thanks hunni, and thnks for putting up with me whinging for a week about it.:hug:

Thats what geeky mates are for gem, your most welcome buddy :hug: .

jules x

Latest posts

Back