Client blaming nail tech for no reason!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sianpetersx

Reaction score
Okay so I had a client in today for an acrylic infill...
She was a new client that had never been to me before and from the minute she sat down began slating the previous nail tech that had done her nails.
Yes, there was some discolouring to her French Acrylics but other than that they looked great.
But what came out of her mouth next really baffled me...
"I mean - this is pathetic I'm not happy with how much they've went up"
I asked her what she meant and she said..
"The acrylic has grown up my nail so much I mean it's disgusting the nail tech clearly is a disgrace, I'll be telling everyone to stay clear of her"
I then explained to her that it has nothing to do with the nail technician how much your nail grows, obviously you are going to have a gap from your cuticle as you have them on longer.
She then said she has had them on for a month.
Honestly I had to explain to her that your nails grow over time and the acrylic will grow with them, hence why you need an infill.
About ten minutes later she caught on to what I was saying and went..
"Well whatever it's still disgusting I mean she never told me my nails would grow with these on"
!!!!!!!!!????????
Is it me or is this the most stupid thing I've ever heard? What is more shocking is that she said she gets acrylics all the time!
I hate to think what she'll say about me in 2-3 weeks time when she needs another infill.
Though to be honest I don't think she was the brightest crayon in the box, but still!
Anyone else had clients blame you or other techs for stupid things that have nothing to do with you?
Haha sorry for the huge rant!
Xxxxxx

I did a new client the other day for gelish and after I finished and wiped and oiled she looked at them and goes oh you don't paint very close the the cuticle (I paint close to cuticle) and I replied well there isn't any nail left to paint she replied well you haven't even painted on my cuticles or around the skin to seal it !!!! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry I just replied sorry I don't do that some bloody people!!! Xxx

Haha ****** client

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hahaha obviously been to a back street tech,before a proffesional took over (roll eyes)

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Clients who pick off acrylics then wonder why they look dry n flaky. Oh i wonder lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was once told that I was putting the tips on wrong. Apparently I should put them right to the bottom just like the ones from Boots. She was adamant I was doing it wrong!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Clients who pick off acrylics then wonder why they look dry n flaky. Oh i wonder lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

And go on to say the gel/acrylic has wrecked their nails & they're sore!

My client today had taken her gels off with acetone, copying a YouTube video. Then wondered why her nails looked dry. They were damaged ! :rolleyes:

This is HILARIOUS!!! I've never seen something so funny! Made me laugh out loud!!

Bless em.....

Oh my this thread is hilarious! X

I do mostly sculptured nails as I don't get on with tips, however there isn't very many other techs that do them so I get sooo many clients saying 'oh do I go home with these still on?' Referring to the forms lol... I was so over it one day I said yes you do, and I will edit them out of your nail photo... Lol! She luckily had a good sense of humour lol...

I do mostly sculptured nails as I don't get on with tips, however there isn't very many other techs that do them so I get sooo many clients saying 'oh do I go home with these still on?' Referring to the forms lol... I was so over it one day I said yes you do, and I will edit them out of your nail photo... Lol! She luckily had a good sense of humour lol...

Haha, I shall remember that response for the next time I'm asked that!

Okay so I had a client in today for an acrylic infill...
She was a new client that had never been to me before and from the minute she sat down began slating the previous nail tech that had done her nails.
Yes, there was some discolouring to her French Acrylics but other than that they looked great.
But what came out of her mouth next really baffled me...
"I mean - this is pathetic I'm not happy with how much they've went up"
I asked her what she meant and she said..
"The acrylic has grown up my nail so much I mean it's disgusting the nail tech clearly is a disgrace, I'll be telling everyone to stay clear of her"
I then explained to her that it has nothing to do with the nail technician how much your nail grows, obviously you are going to have a gap from your cuticle as you have them on longer.
She then said she has had them on for a month.
Honestly I had to explain to her that your nails grow over time and the acrylic will grow with them, hence why you need an infill.
About ten minutes later she caught on to what I was saying and went..
"Well whatever it's still disgusting I mean she never told me my nails would grow with these on"
!!!!!!!!!????????
Is it me or is this the most stupid thing I've ever heard? What is more shocking is that she said she gets acrylics all the time!
I hate to think what she'll say about me in 2-3 weeks time when she needs another infill.
Though to be honest I don't think she was the brightest crayon in the box, but still!
Anyone else had clients blame you or other techs for stupid things that have nothing to do with you?
Haha sorry for the huge rant!
Xxxxxx

Have heard similar, beggers belief really! Why do they think they need hair cuts or their roots redone - because the stuff GROWS!! :eek: Same with nails!! :lol:

"Not the brightest crayon in the box" sums it up perfectly.

I know clients don't like to take responsibility for anything that happens to their nails, but not taking responsibility for the fact that their nails even grow??

Not had this with nails but with lashes - phone call a few days later saying " one has fallen out"

This is despite 45 minute chat on her enquiring, 40 min consultation before app, 20 min after care with a aftercare sheet and pack

Funnily didn't see her again

Who would have thought lashes and nails grow

Ladies like this make me chuckle :)

I was once told that I was putting the tips on wrong. Apparently I should put them right to the bottom just like the ones from Boots. She was adamant I was doing it wrong!

I get this ALL THE TIME! I always explain a tip is just that. A TIP. And we put them on the tip of the nail. These add extra length. I then put the chosen product over the top. That adds extra strength. Could I be more clear lol?

The amount of people that look sad and dissapointed, as they thought it would cover their whole nail..?
What do they think I just said?!

Laura xx

Have heard similar, beggers belief really! Why do they think they need hair cuts or their roots redone - because the stuff GROWS!! :eek: Same with nails!! :lol:

You would be surprised at the amount of clients who complain about roots after 3 weeks

Yes. I had a lady once who I had to explain to why she would get regrowth on her hair. She kept saying she thought it just had to be done once and why would it need redone? I had to carefully explain that the hair grows so the roots won't have been coloured yet..After about 20 minutes she said, 'Oh, I thought my hair grew from the bottom.'
Wow.

Yes. I had a lady once who I had to explain to why she would get regrowth on her hair. She kept saying she thought it just had to be done once and why would it need redone? I had to carefully explain that the hair grows so the roots won't have been coloured yet..After about 20 minutes she said, 'Oh, I thought my hair grew from the bottom.'
Wow.

I have had this! Or the coming back 5 weeks after a cut for "just a little more off please as you left it too long, oh an I am not paying"

Latest posts

Back