Client blaming nail tech for no reason!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hubby asked me the same thing the firat time he saw me do a set. Made my day

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Love it!!😜. A question I've been asked a few times. "What happens when my nails get longer than the acrylic nails!" Took a while to explain it to one lady, still don't think she quite understands!

It's a (*delete as appropriate)
nail file/hairbrush/comb/makeup brush.....NOT A MAGIC WAND!! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I felt like saying this once, a plump, fair, pretty, blue eyed girl with ginger hair showed me the photos of how she wanted her makeup. She wanted to look like Kim Kardashian.....then tried to ask for a refund when she didnt although I had explained they have very different colouring so whilst the style would be the same the result wouldn't be...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I get asked a lot 'why are you wiping it all off!' With a complete look of shock when I remove the inhibition layer of gel lol

Miss lease! Love it! Always wind my clients up with this! It's so funny! The look on their faces is priceless!
Xxx

Ugh I had one the other day ring up and say 'hiya do you do fake nails' (HATE that expression) I explained we do gel
Overlays, and explained what they are, and gel or acrylic extensions, and explained what they are too, and she goes 'yeah but do you do fake nails?'

I said do you want them longer?... No jut fake ones... So do you want your own nails but with extra strength?... No I just want fake ones on... So do you want your nails to look longer than they are now?... Yeah just like fake nails, you know, nails that look fake... ARGHGGGHHHHH this went on for about 5 minutes with me trying to explain what I offered, and her just saying 'I just want just fake nails'

In the end I said 'sorry I don't think I can help you'

Laura xx

Ooo also had one who supposedly had Bio Gel on from another salon. It was horrendous, lumpy, thick, and the squiggly white line could not pass as a French manicure, also after trying to soak off for 30 minutes, with hardly any movement, I had to buff it all down.

Anyway this lady was really unhappy with them, understandably, but just complained about them the whole way through the treatment, and about the other nail tech, then went on to say 'and look at this gap, it's so ugly and big, that can't be right'
On about her regrowth. I said it's just where your nails have grown.
'No, no, I've only had them on a week, that Gap is massive, it's hideous, they don't grow that quick, she must have done something to them!'

I told her, yes the nails are awful, but you can't blame anyone for how quick your nails grow, it's just how it is.
After a few more rants she came around and said yes she supposes I'm right.

Of course I'm right!!!!!! It's common Sense!! Lmao

Laura xx

This thread is amazing! I'm loving sitting here with my coffee chilling and reading!

I once had a lady who FREAKED when I sculpted her extension to repair a broken nail and shouted "You grew me a nail!!!"

At least she knew nails grow! 😄

When my OH first saw me do a set of sculpts he had this mad amazed look on his face and kept asking 'but how?' Then exclaimed 'but you're like a plastic surgeon for nails, it's amazing!' Haha x

Yes. I had a lady once who I had to explain to why she would get regrowth on her hair. She kept saying she thought it just had to be done once and why would it need redone? I had to carefully explain that the hair grows so the roots won't have been coloured yet..After about 20 minutes she said, 'Oh, I thought my hair grew from the bottom.'
Wow.

God this mad me giggle 😂 xx

I have a selection of ombre shellacs on a display wheel where the colour fades from one into another, using a sponging technique. One of my old ladies said "well its all very well dear but you're never going to get the colour to come out of the bottle like that!"

She only thought it was just painted on straight from the bottle and the colour just magically changed as it got to the second half of the nail!! lol

I have a selection of ombre shellacs on a display wheel where the colour fades from one into another, using a sponging technique. One of my old ladies said "well its all very well dear but you're never going to get the colour to come out of the bottle like that!"

She only thought it was just painted on straight from the bottle and the colour just magically changed as it got to the second half of the nail!! lol

Hahaha - you've just made me chuckle, love it x

Another one today who I am doing a 4 week nail biter course on.
"Don't give me that colour of shellac again, it was horrible you should have told me"...
"You picked that colour and I checked twice if it was the colour you wanted, but no problem you don't have to have that colour if you don't want, you can have any colour"
"I know I chose it but you shouldn't have colours that I'm no going to like"

Think I'm supposed to be a mind reader here!!
I explained that different people has different preferences when it come to colours therefore I have to have a wide variety!
She still didn't understand why I don't only have the colours that she thinks are nice and I should just bin the others.

Honestly think some people are totally delusional!! Hahah
Xxxx

When my OH first saw me do a set of sculpts he had this mad amazed look on his face and kept asking 'but how?' Then exclaimed 'but you're like a plastic surgeon for nails, it's amazing!' Haha x

My OH said this the first time he saw me with a French Mani!

A lady who's nails I do regularly called me yesterday (after doing her nails on Wednesday) complaining that one of her Gelish nails had just "peeled right off" and it looks a mess and they need repairing ASAP!!!!

I got there this morning and after speaking to her (so worried I'd done something wrong and upset on of my regulars) she'd trapped her finger in her car door and was blaming me for the gelish coming off saying surely it must be the application! Her nail is black and looks so sore I did feel bad for her but I had to explain that I had to charge her for the repair because the trauma from her trapping her finger in the car door would have been the reason for it to come off xx

I had a lady that came in the other day and expected me to do magic and repair a nail bed that had obviously been caused by severe damage to her matrix (grows constantly with a dip in nail bed and has been that way for.past 3 yrs and shes sick of it) tried to explain i could cover it with products ie acrylic or gel etc but couldnt actually repair the internal damage and she jus wouldnt take that for an answer and very rudely said " i knew i should see a specalist not a dumb beautician ehh this dumb beautician" eh this dumb beautician can work bloody miricals and studied 4 yrs in college including biology and chemistry!!! Bloody ppl that think this industry ia all "barbies" aarrggghh.....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Omg what did you say to that?

We had a client come into the salon 2 weeks after I'd done her nails complaining about the gap at her cuticles! My boss was explaining that it was normal growth for about 20 mins!
she said she wanted the gap filling but didn't want to pay!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I had the exact same thing a couple of months ago. I did a set of acrylics and 5 weeks later got a phone call saying how terrible the nails looked because they had grown too much. And I should infill for free. Apparently I'm being taken to trading standards because her nails grew too fast lol.

I did a ladies hair colour and after a couple of weeks she complained it was white at the roots... she came in and said "was it even a permanent".... yes madam your hair grows. She still moaned everytime she came in as if it was my fault

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

This is the second time I've read this and enjoyed it again!

I too have had a client complain to me that Shellac has damaged her nail. She showed me her thumb nail that has broken off and taken the Shellac with it. I did promise her that Shellac will not damage her nails... IF removed properly with acetone!

Every new Shellac client I've had is fascinated when I remove the tacky layer. They keep touching their nails and saying "wow". I have to admit though... I did the same!

oh this thread is hilarious! I had a lady in for a pedicure which she had a voucher for. Once had finished the treatment she put the voucher on the bed and popped to the toilet so I checked it over and it was 3 years out of date!! and once i told her she couldnt use it her response was aw it was a gift for Christmas though it would be such a shame for it to go to waste. I couldnt believe it! its like going to high street shop saying oh i have a 4 year out of date voucher can i still use it?! 🙈

Latest posts

Back