Client complaint-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
I did a young clients nails last week. She had very short and bitten nails. I explained to her before starting that the nails will not last as long as they usually do as the extensions will be sticking to her skin and not her nail as they are so short. She said she was ok with and and I carried out the set.
She now messaged me this evening telling me they are coming off and that she is dossappointed. I send a polite response back and told her that I had explained to her that they won't last as long due to the length of her nails and I also told her I would do her another set for half price as a gesture of good will.

Have any other nail techs had this problem? Do some of you not even work on clients with badly bitten nails? I'm thinking that next time I get a client with short nails, I won't even attempt to do them !

I do them and I do them as short as they can go - I don't have any issues with them lasting any less time than any other sets so long as they have regular maintenance..

Did you keep them short?

I do them and I do them as short as they can go - I don't have any issues with them lasting any less time than any other sets so long as they have regular maintenance..

Did you keep them short?

Did you keep them short?

On my usual clients they around 3-4 weeks so i know it's not me. I don't get how they can last as long as usual clients if you're sticking the tips to their skin and not to their nail. She had them a short-ish length

On my usual clients they around 3-4 weeks so i know it's not me. I don't get how they can last as long as usual clients if you're sticking the tips to their skin and not to their nail. She had them a short-ish length

Why are you sticking tips to skin?

Why are you sticking tips to skin?
When a clients nails are so short and bitten, you're sticking the tips on their skin where the nail should be.

I do lots of very short bitten nails. But I sculpt them. I don't use tips at all. Haven't for years now. Keep them short, even when they try to get you to make them longer. Just tell them to trust you, you know what your doing etc. Sculpting is so much better especially with short stumpy nails.

You shouldn't be sticking it to the skin that's really bad

When a clients nails are so short and bitten, you're sticking the tips on their skin where the nail should be.

You should be putting the tip lower down. It needs to always be stuck to nail. No matter how short the nail the tip needs to be stuck to nail in the same place.

You should be putting the tip lower down. It needs to always be stuck to nail. No matter how short the nail the tip needs to be stuck to nail in the same place.
I do stick it to the nail too. It's just obviously some of the tip will be on the puffy skin around the nail plate where the nail should be

You shouldn't be sticking it to the skin that's really bad
I do stick it to the nail too. It's just obviously some of the tip will be on the puffy skin around the nail plate where the nail should be

You need to pull back the side walls as far as you can and file and shape the plastic tip so it fits neatly on the nail only. It will lift almost immediately if it is on skin.

You need to pull back the side walls as far as you can and file and shape the plastic tip so it fits neatly on the nail only. It will lift almost immediately if it is on skin.
But what about the skin inbetween the side walls, where the nail should be.

I did a young clients nails last week. She had very short and bitten nails. I explained to her before starting that the nails will not last as long as they usually do as the extensions will be sticking to her skin and not her nail as they are so short. She said she was ok with and and I carried out the set.
She now messaged me this evening telling me they are coming off and that she is dossappointed. I send a polite response back and told her that I had explained to her that they won't last as long due to the length of her nails and I also told her I would do her another set for half price as a gesture of good will.

Have any other nail techs had this problem? Do some of you not even work on clients with badly bitten nails? I'm thinking that next time I get a client with short nails, I won't even attempt to do them !
I'd recommend extending the nail plate and glueing the tip on to that. However I'd explain to the client and it's how I've found it worked best for me with my last nail biter is that I'd charge her a fraction of the cost to see her more frequently while we grow out her nail plate a bit with an acrylic overlay and that as soon as her nail is long enough to handle the glued on tip I would sculpt the nail enhancement. Again I've found from past experience that Its best with nail bitters to create a shorter enhancement than she may want to begin with until again her natural nail grows a little more. Unless of course you truly think she may be more trouble than what she's worth (I've had these clients too and you will never be able to please them, even after you have pre warned them and explained and they have agreed) nicely apologise and let her go.

Acrylic does not adhere to anything shiny or living (skin is a living organ) therefore it will always pop off if the acrylic touches the skin anywhere.

It can be dangerous to stick a tip too far down the nail, trauma could cause the tip to release damaging more of the nail plate, closer to the base of the nail where the Matrix is, which if damaged could cause the nail to fall off or permanently deform the new nail growth.

Ya nails in not sure you are reading the comments you are quoting..
They were in response to the op applying tips to skin.

But what about the skin inbetween the side walls, where the nail should be.

Has this person bitten the nail off completely? Do you have pics? X

I had this the other week,I only passed my course in March and I was sooo out my comfort zone,I explained that they wouldn't last as long as other nails as she literally had hardly any nail to work with! She came back about 4 days later saying she'd lost one and that she wanted them longer than what I'd done them,(she chose the length when I was cutting the tips)
I've told my boss that I won't be doing bitten down nails from now on and I'll have to ask clients the condition of their nails before booking as I personally don't feel comfortable doing them! I might start doing them when I'm more confident but for now it's a no no ha xx

I don't stick them to the skin.. Even in extreme bitten nails you can adapt the tip to fit, I'm not sure why you assume I would? :)

This lady would come to me on average every 2-3 weeks for infills... They're not the most attractive set of nails but they're much better than they were - this was the first time she came.

Attachments

• 1451680553152.jpg
    1451680553152.jpg
    79.7 KB
I don't stick them to the skin.. Even in extreme bitten nails you can adapt the tip to fit, I'm not sure why you assume I would? :)

This lady would come to me on average every 2-3 weeks for infills... They're not the most attractive set of nails but they're much better than they were - this was the first time she came.
You've done a fab job.. They aren't half as bad as what I had..she literally had the tiniest bit of nail..I had to file most the points off my tips..I was dying inside [emoji23] I won't do it again! Xx

Latest posts

Back