Client database on iPad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to make up a client database on my iPad. I want to be able to compile all email addresses etc, and also to be able to search which clients have been in more than six weeks ago etc.

I have searched App Store but I was inundated and I'm not sure which would suit me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kim

I have a brilliant one on my ipad called My Book Of Clients, its 1.99 on the appstore, it has appointment books, client lists etc. And like you said, it has an option to view clients that haven't visitied recently :)

I think this is the link :) x

Does it have an option of changing from $ to £?

Mine is £ so think the screenshots are just from the american version. X

Mine is in £ too :)

I got it! Wish I had client database home with me just now :)

Yeah me too! I could do with uploading everything!

If you're after something to specifically run on an iPad, have you looked at our Salonlite system?

Salonlite - The world's first free online salon and spa management software

There's a web version which is optimised specifically for the iPad, and we're bringing out a native app soon, so might be worth checking out. If nothing else, as it's free, just create an account, test it out and see what you think!

Thread hi-jacking!

Does anyone use one from the Android market? I've tried a couple but didn't like them

Thread hi-jacking!

Does anyone use one from the Android market? I've tried a couple but didn't like them

Ours will work on Android as well - set up an account, then try going to m.salonlite.com on your device :)

Another hijack!

Does anyone know the Data Protection implications of keeping customer data on a computer?
I work for a large company so have to do data protection training every year. I know the basic rules about keeping it secure and up to date, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you have to pay the information commissioner to be allowed to keep the data on a computer. This may well just apply to big buisness but does anyone know for definite?

Another hijack!

Does anyone know the Data Protection implications of keeping customer data on a computer?
I work for a large company so have to do data protection training every year. I know the basic rules about keeping it secure and up to date, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you have to pay the information commissioner to be allowed to keep the data on a computer. This may well just apply to big buisness but does anyone know for definite?

I think you should be covered if the company you are using to store the data is registered with the Information Commisioner's Office. I pay them 35 quid a year for being registered with them, for example. Ironically, that is also something that I was planning to develop personally, but the work got stalled because of other work commitments (one day I will hopefully get round to finishing it lol).

yes you would have to register as a data controller. (used to be about £30) unless they found you exempt, which i cant see in the industry we are in.

sean

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

I have salon lite but haven't gone live with it yet. One thing I can't seem to get working is the employee/services bit...I work on my own and do everything but I can't figure out how to set it so that I can do all the services listed. Is either letting me be a nail tech, therapist or owner but when I select nail tech obviously then I can't book in a facial.
I'm just getting it all sorted before I start using it so any help appreciated.

By the way it's a fab system, it's just down to my serious lack of techy skills!

One thing I can't seem to get working is the employee/services bit...I work on my own and do everything but I can't figure out how to set it so that I can do all the services listed. Is either letting me be a nail tech, therapist or owner but when I select nail tech obviously then I can't book in a facial.

By the way it's a fab system, it's just down to my serious lack of techy skills!

Hopefully this link will help you out:
https://getsatisfaction.com/salonli...ear_on_the_list_of_services_available_why_not

if not, just drop me a line either on here or at [email protected] with the email address you registered with and I'll take a look at your account for you :)

Cheers Ian, dropped you a mail there!

If you're after something to specifically run on an iPad, have you looked at our Salonlite system?

Salonlite - The world's first free online salon and spa management software

There's a web version which is optimised specifically for the iPad, and we're bringing out a native app soon, so might be worth checking out. If nothing else, as it's free, just create an account, test it out and see what you think!

Salon lite where have you been all my life luv luv luv

Latest posts

Back