Client has no big toenail-can Brisa and tip be used?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
has anyone tried this?
I have a lovely lady who never has any footwork due to her missing toenail but has been looking at my swarovski toes longingly...

I'm a bit wary of putting gelbond directly onto her skin to fix a tip before building?

I don't use l&p so the tutorial to build an l&p false nail isn't much use to me I'm afraid.

any advice much appreciated, as i'd really love to be able to make her day the next time she comes in:sad:

has anyone tried this?
I have a lovely lady who never has any footwork due to her missing toenail but has been looking at my swarovski toes longingly...

I'm a bit wary of putting gelbond directly onto her skin to fix a tip before building?

I don't use l&p so the tutorial to build an l&p false nail isn't much use to me I'm afraid.

any advice much appreciated, as i'd really love to be able to make her day the next time she comes in:sad:

You could sculpt it with gel and not use a tip. Build it very gradually though or you might get heat spike.

But dont wory about using your adhesive directly on skin as it is medical grade and will do no harm.

Does she have no nail at all? All smooth skin? Or has she got a little stump at the bottom?

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Nothing... I think.
I will check.
For argument's sake if she has a couple of millimetres of nail at the base would it make application easier?

I have no big toenails either and want sparkly toes ! :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You can safely use GelBond directly on the skin and it is a much safer option than using any reactive product directly on the skin.

GelBond is a surgical grade adhesive and the perfect way to attach a temporary tip. You can then decorate and the client can even re-use it. The underside can be cleaned up using a drill and then reattached for another occasion.

What sort of tip would you use? Just a normal extentsion tip?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

What sort of tip would you use? Just a normal extentsion tip?

Frankly I would just use a false nail. I make a false nail myself using a fantasy form or sculpting form and then glue it on.

Frankly I would just use a false nail. I make a false nail myself using a fantasy form or sculpting form and then glue it on.

Would you use normal gel or sculpting gel to create it? And then the gelbond to glue it directly onto the skin as she has no nail at all

Great post, I never knew you could do that. I've learnt something new today :) Would love to see a before and after pic if possible x

Would you use normal gel or sculpting gel to create it? And then the gelbond to glue it directly onto the skin as she has no nail at all

What do you mean by 'normal' gel?

Personally I use L&P to make a false toenail, but if I used a gel it would be Brisa (hard gel) and then I would glue it to the skin. I have found when there is no nail at all they can last for about 3 days. Great for occasions. They can be re-applied a few times before they have to be drilled out and used again but I just make another one rather than do that.

You can safely use GelBond directly on the skin and it is a much safer option than using any reactive product directly on the skin.

GelBond is a surgical grade adhesive and the perfect way to attach a temporary tip. You can then decorate and the client can even re-use it. The underside can be cleaned up using a drill and then reattached for another occasion.

where can this gelbond be purchased and does it work on jus skin all i have is skin no nail at all????

where can this gelbond be purchased and does it work on jus skin all i have is skin no nail at all????

Yes it works on dry skin and is available form Sweet Squared to professionals only. 08452106060

The beauty of this GelDond is that it is jelly-like and squishes into all the uneven places and fills them so you do not have voids that harbor bacteria and dirt.

For Prep, Always sanitize first using ScrubFresh liberally before you apply the adhesive to both surfaces then press together ... should last a god few days.

Yes it works on dry skin and is available form Sweet Squared to professionals only. 08452106060

The beauty of this GelDond is that it is jelly-like and squishes into all the uneven places and fills them so you do not have voids that harbor bacteria and dirt.

For Prep, Always sanitize first using ScrubFresh liberally before you apply the adhesive to both surfaces then press together ... should last a god few days.

Well im not a professional so i may have a hard time purchasing da product but this has become a serious issue for me cause i cant wear sandals im a lady i want cute shoes too! :) & i live in a area where evry1 tells me da same thng that since there is no nail at all there is nothing they can do becuz evrythng will fall off withn a day r so.. I practice at home with store bought acrylic but since im not a professional its not sculpted right & does fall off same day.. Scrubfresh can be purchased where? Plz help!

Well im not a professional so i may have a hard time purchasing da product but this has become a serious issue for me cause i cant wear sandals im a lady i want cute shoes too! :) & i live in a area where evry1 tells me da same thng that since there is no nail at all there is nothing they can do becuz evrythng will fall off withn a day r so.. I practice at home with store bought acrylic but since im not a professional its not sculpted right & does fall off same day.. Scrubfresh can be purchased where? Plz help!

Non professionals cannot buy these products from professional suppliers. My suggestion is that you pay a visit to a CND salon professional, have your nail done and you can purchase GelBond from the salon to reattach the false toenail when it decides to let go! These jobs are for pros, not consumers.

My sister is in the same boat as your client. I tryed so many diff things and I ended upjust builing it up with gel and a bit of nail glue. It stays on crazy good. Thats my sis though not a client :p

Non professionals cannot buy these products from professional suppliers. My suggestion is that you pay a visit to a CND salon professional, have your nail done and you can purchase GelBond from the salon to reattach the false toenail when it decides to let go! These jobs are for pros, not consumers.

Ive been searchin & unfortunately i think im in a area where there are no CND salons :( is there any other way i can purchase the gelbond or how can i find a salon close

Latest posts

Back