Client lost natural toe nails, can I make her a nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa-marie

Reaction score
hi geeks
i would like some advice please
one of my clients had cancer a couple years ago and has finished all of her treatment now, she only goes back every 6 months for a check up.
when she was having chemo her toe nails came off and although they grew back she has lost both of her big toe nails again and theres only a very tiny bit of nail left.

she is going to australia next month for 3 weeks and has asked me if i can make her a new nail out of acrylic so she can have her nails painted for this trip, its going to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for her so she wants to look good in her sandals.

is it safe to do this? and how would i do it? would it last?

thanks
lisa x

I know prosthetic toenails can be made, I couldnt tell you the best way to do it as im not too sure but im sure someone will help you. Theres a few people on here that have done them...there was a thread about it a while ago..type 'making a toe nail' into the search box theres a thread there that may help you, im sorry i cant figure out how to add the link in here.

thanks for your reply, i tried searching before posting this thread but wasnt sure what to search for x

Me again!

Just to update. My client came in and I made a template of the size I needed the toenail to be. I stuck the template on the underneath of a clear form so I could make the size. I stuck the form onto a glass coaster with a slight curve. I used my gel and gradually built up layers and made the basic shape. Then I filed it all into a smooth toenail. Then I did the french finish in the usual way.

My client came in and I did a set of gel toes on her. I also had to enhance her other big toenail as she only had a little growth on this one. She took her nail away with her as she didn't want to risk loosing it before the wedding.

This saturday she came into the salon to have her hair done. She had stuck her toenail on and it looked fantastic!! She was so pleased and excited...and......she bought me a lovely bunch of flowers to say thank you!!

I love happy endings!!

Aww well done, i love doing things like this for clients,
its great to see their faces when you have finished and it all looks perfect again :hug:

I did a clients feet recently where she had almost lost 6 toenails and her feet looked dire (she had an accident and had dropped something heavy on her feet). Well, the transformation when I had created toenails for those missing was amazing - I even surprised myself lol!

It is such great fun and your clients will be so impressed.

(Thanks Geeg for advising us how to do prosthetic toenails!)

thank you for all your replies
you've given me the confidence to do it for her, i'll post some pics next month when i've done them x

Latest posts

Back