Client not paying for soak off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sezv38

Reaction score
I have had a new client in this week who had soak off, regelish & lip wax. She didn't have cash on her ( we are a relatively new business & don't take cards yet) so dropped the money off today, but said to my assistant manager that I quoted her £31 when I actually wrote on a card that it would be £35. She refused to pay the full amount and said that nobody charges for a soak off!!!
My assistant manager didn't want to argue as there were clients in the salon. I feel so angry that people feel they can do this, but as a new business I don't want to kick up too much of a fuss. What would other therapists have done?

I charge if just soak off but if redo I don't it keeps them coming back for redo's.

I have had a new client in this week who had soak off, regelish & lip wax. She didn't have cash on her ( we are a relatively new business & don't take cards yet) so dropped the money off today, but said to my assistant manager that I quoted her £31 when I actually wrote on a card that it would be £35. She refused to pay the full amount and said that nobody charges for a soak off!!!
My assistant manager didn't want to argue as there were clients in the salon. I feel so angry that people feel they can do this, but as a new business I don't want to kick up too much of a fuss. What would other therapists have done?

When reapplying gelish/shellac i never charge for the soak off, i don't know many salons that do. if they would just like a soak off and that's it then i charge a small amount.

I charge for shellac removal. Why? It takes time, product and skill to do it. As for those people who say that by not charging they're ensuring that the product is removed correctly I have this question for you.
Does your dentist pay for your toothbrush and toothpaste? Does he nip round twice a day to make sure you're doing it properly?
No? And why not? Because he expects you to take some personal responsibility!
I provide my clients with written aftercare sheets. I cannot force them to follow the advice therein and I will not be held accountable if they don't.
If you want to provide a "free" removal service you could always build it into the price of your treatment.

As to the original issue I would have taken the money off the client and bade her farewell, making a mental note never to allow her to step foot over the threshold again. You might very well be a new business but unless you protect your business it will struggle to become a successful one.

Could not agree more lynne. I take about an hour or just under to do a soak off of bio gel and do a mini manicure so I don't feel unresnable as I'm just charging for products and time. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I think a lot of people have built into their price of a new set the removal of product. The first set normally takes longer anyway i find due to consultation and explaining benefits of products etc. So why not have your price set as £35?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back