Client Removing own nails???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some say that removingnails should only take around 30 minutes, it takes me 45 to an hr to remove them an i use ezflow, have also had a play with creative, i have used the bowl method and tin foil method and it sill takes ages am i doin something wrong?

You are very new to nails and probably apply much more product than is necessary which is why it is taking you longer. I use CND and it takes me 15 - 20 minutes to soak off a set of nails.

Apropos of CND and your 'play' with it. You will never know how CND product works until you take a class with it. Playing will not help you to get the most from the product at all.

CND is very advanced technology which is why prep is so quick and easy and minimal and also why you do not need to use stinky primer or etch the nail plate with a rough file before application.

If you are going to 'play' with something .. then give it a fair go and learn to use it properly. The best product in the world deserves that at least.

ok, firstly let me tell you about my experience from before I became a nail tech.

The very first time I had my nails done, it came to the time when I needed a soak off and new set. Not knowing anything about nails at this point, I asked my tech (creative qualified by the way) and she told me this:

"well I can remove them if you really want, but to be honest you are just as well getting some soak off from boots (they call it Get 'em Off) and doing it yourself, or to be honest, you can just pick them off"

Now, as I say, those were the words of a Creative Qualified Tech, and so I am sure that there are many more techs out there who do this but wont admit it.

When I did my Creative Foundation Course, our educator advised us not to charge for a soak off if the client is having another full set applied. Now I am a business woman first, Nail Tech Second (this is my job and my living after all), however having been advised by an experienced professional that I would see a greater client return by absorbing the cost of these "free" soak offs into other treatments, I decided to acknowledge this lady's expertise, and so I do not charge for a soak off if it is followed by a full set.

I charge £15 for soak off only, because I follow this up with a mini mani. Personally I would prefer to charge for a soak off even if its followed by a full set, but to some extent you have to heed the advice of seasoned professionals, so I thought I was doing the right thing.

On Saturday I had a lady in with Rheumatoid arthritis. Now I suffer with this condition myself and know how painful it can be. She has difficulty keeping her hands in one position for a long time, and no matter how I tried to arrange it, she had to keep taking her hands out of the remover for a rest, and that soak off took an hour. Her subsequent enhancements took 2 hours, and she paid me £35. Not enough for the time I spent in my opinion.

I am glad to read now that a soak off charge is a feasible thing, as I will now be altering my prices while my business is still new and its easier to do.

A very interesting thread, I've found all your opinions very helpful!
That extra time is defo needed to be charged for..if you are busy, then of course you are not able to book that extra mani or polish in..or you possibly forgo your lunch break:eek:
Have you tried the tin foil method? That would save your client from needing to stay in the same position. IMO it is faster,too.

Latest posts

Back