Client trying to sell me her products - advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i got preached to about this aloe vera one today, cant remember the name though.

I can remember name but not sure if you are allowed to name companies on here so a hint. Forever.

Yes i remember now, definitely the same one!

Eurgh. I have a HUGE number of clients and friends who have MLM businesses, and from day one I have a total 'no' policy on it and make that clear the minute anyone starts on about it (although I have used some of the nutritional supps myself). I've had a few 'clients' make appointments purely so they can bang on about their products & try to get me on board. I've actually had a massive fall out with one friend after I dared to have a rant about MLM's on FB after endless spams to my business page. She took it very personally and saw it as a personal attack on her & her business. Each to their own, but I always say from the start that I only use pro products and have no interest in developing any business other than my own. The current thing here at the moment is the facial & body wrap 'parties'. I have a horrible feeling this could become quite difficult for me as a few of my clients are doing this & holding parties, slapping who-knows-what all over people's faces, selling it as a 'miracle face lift' etc & advising on skin care (unqualified !) so that they can sell a few pots of xxxx. So far biting my tongue on it !! On that note though, be aware of MLM people 'grooming' you with friendships.... had a few of those too!! They love a beautician ! ;)

Oh dear I knew this lady was going to be trouble I could tell when trying to book the appointment in! She has now messaged me and said her nails are lifting after a week. I really don't think they will be. I did Shellac on her nails and I've had no other problems with anyone else's, the Shellac just grows up the nail like it should do! I really think she is trying it on! Don't think I've heard the last of her [emoji22]x

Theres deffo been an increase in the messages in the last few months. , there seems to be a new mlm company popping up every month too with cheap, nasty cosmetics that are meant to be wonderful (euugh!)
It annoyed me seeing them at Olympia last year.... No place being there imho, you wouldn't have Holland & Barratt or Sanatogen at a beauty trade show so the blooming aloe vera one shouldn't have been there either!

You could always message her back and advise that its odd for a Shellac Service to break down so soon, but if shes been demonstrating/using a multitude of creams & lotions with her hands, the over exposure of them could have broken down the Shellac, and that she was advised to use solar oil not *enter generic brand here* We all know its tosh, but play her at her own game! ;) xxx

Latest posts

Back