Client trying to sell me her products - advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katfin

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently had a new mobile client who I'm pretty sure the purpose of the appointment was for her to sell me her products and to get me to be an introducer to her products. The minute I walked through the door this was all she wanted to discuss.
Ever since I have been bombarded with messages to see if I'm interested. I've tried being polite and I've tired being to the point however she is taking no for an answer, I have now started ignoring her messages. I hate doing this but I'm not sure how else to deal with her! Anyone had a similar experience and any suggestions how to deal with her?
Thank you

I think your doing the right thing. I know you hate ignoring her but that is the only way your going to get rid of her.

Ignoring doesn't seem to be working. I would message her saying that you have no interest in her product or to be part of her selling team, and that you only use professional brands in your business. A strongly worded "no thanks" is better than ignoring.
I take this is a multi Level Marketing product she is trying to push on to you, and they don't give up easily!
If she continues after you have made it crystal clear you are not interested, then block her.

Is it a multi level marketing company?

These are the bane of my life! I would tempted to send a really blunt final message explaining that you have trained and invested hundreds (thousands probably) of pounds into professional only products, it would help your business in no way to sell products that clients can buy themselves from any tom, dick or harry, and ask that she accepts that you are not interested. (but I'm a grumpy old mare with no patience lol!)

Failing that- yeah, ignore her till she moves onto the next therapist she finds lol.

These ppl spend a few hundred quid on a start up pack, watch a few webinars and think they have the golden key to us running successful businesses, weather we have been doing it for years without them or not lol... xx

Izzy got there before me...and slightly more tactfully ;) xx

Thanks for the replies everyone [emoji1]!
Yeah it's one of the multi level marketing companies, I've messaged again now saying it's not for me can't make it anymore clear lol! Hopefully she will give up soon!! X

I get these daily! And a couple of my appointments that I have gone to as you mentioned are purely so they can get me to use their products. I always say I that to use their products I would have to increase my treatment prices and because I am a new business building up my client base it may put potential clients off using me x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh dear sounds like this happens often I need to get my ready made answer for next time it happens!! That's a good answer about increasing the cost if using their products! Can imagine it going very quiet in conversation after that though seen as that's all the lady I saw wanted to talk about! [emoji16] awkward! X

I had this recently. A client brought me a brochure of the skincare range she's now selling. She thought I might be interested. I politely said I'd look through the information. She left and it went in the bin. When she comes back I'll simply say "thanks for thinking of me but we only use professional ranges in the salon". The thing is - as this has happened before - they try and argue that it's a professional range. I just say I'm happy with the products that I use and I'm not looking to take on any more. I also point out that the profit margin isn't on a par with the pro ranges.

I keep being 'added' to people's Facebook group for mlm products like Younique! Please!

Vic x

Oh dear sounds like this happens often I need to get my ready made answer for next time it happens!! That's a good answer about increasing the cost if using their products! Can imagine it going very quiet in conversation after that though seen as that's all the lady I saw wanted to talk about! [emoji16] awkward! X

I agree it is totally awkward but it's worked for me twice now lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Im glad I'm not the only one having to deal with difficult conversations with clients and friends!!

A friend of mine was trying to convince me that her new business (skin care) would be fantastic for my business, very professional products, best on the market, I politely declined. Just this week I had a client come in with her Mags re a fantastic business opportunity for me, best skin care range on the market, again I politely declined, she then went on to ask if she could hold a product party in my salon with my clients!!! Of course and while you're at it why not try and convince my clients to change from my skin care range to yours!! Honestly if I hear the words Aloe vera one more time

No ony skin care...here are the health supplements mlm schemes as well.

I am sick of people on Facebook. ..a couple I know, most I don't, trying to get me to join Younique. No thankyou! Also I've seen some awful reaction pictures from fibres going into people's eyes.

Just keep being firm with her. Or every time she tries to talk about it, start talking about the benefits of your products. ..including how they are salon exclusive x

I get this a lot! I just tell them that as it's not a professional product I would not be insured to use it on a customer with in my business. And also shouldn't these people flogging 'miracle' wraps and performing unqualified facials on people be regulated and have to be some form of insurance?! And te amount of 'parties' you get invited to! I just want to tell them to sod off [emoji23] haha xx

I am sick of people on Facebook. ..a couple I know, most I don't, trying to get me to join Younique. No thankyou! Also I've seen some awful reaction pictures from fibres going into people's eyes.

Just keep being firm with her. Or every time she tries to talk about it, start talking about the benefits of your products. ..including how they are salon exclusive x
I had a lady in having her hair done with one of the stylists that came over to my nail desk and started trying to poach my customer into Younique!! How rude!! She was blathering on about the fibre lash mascara and I got annoyed and said 'ohhh yes! You can achieve the same thing with regular mascara and a little talc between layers' he face dropped hahahhaha!! X

I had this recently. A client brought me a brochure of the skincare range she's now selling. She thought I might be interested. I politely said I'd look through the information. She left and it went in the bin. When she comes back I'll simply say "thanks for thinking of me but we only use professional ranges in the salon". The thing is - as this has happened before - they try and argue that it's a professional range. I just say I'm happy with the products that I use and I'm not looking to take on any more. I also point out that the profit margin isn't on a par with the pro ranges.

I keep being 'added' to people's Facebook group for mlm products like Younique! Please!

Vic x

And their 'work' is always hideous. The ones I get invited to are anyway haha [emoji23] x

There are so many! One I've heard of recently is acti derm. They dont even have to pay out to start this one, you can get the online only kit which is free! Everyone will be doing it!

I've not had anything all day yesterday... Could have had a break through! At least we can laugh about it might make it easier next time one of us gets another! X

Im glad I'm not the only one having to deal with difficult conversations with clients and friends!!

A friend of mine was trying to convince me that her new business (skin care) would be fantastic for my business, very professional products, best on the market, I politely declined. Just this week I had a client come in with her Mags re a fantastic business opportunity for me, best skin care range on the market, again I politely declined, she then went on to ask if she could hold a product party in my salon with my clients!!! Of course and while you're at it why not try and convince my clients to change from my skin care range to yours!! Honestly if I hear the words Aloe vera one more time

I know exactly which company you are talking about!!! They tried it with me and one of the sellers told me she makes a grand a week from aloe vera products....:rolleyes: just to entice me.

I think i got preached to about this aloe vera one today, cant remember the name though.

Latest posts

Back