Client vent-sorry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByCharlotte

Reaction score
I've just got home from a busy day (this is actually quite early for me to be in) and I check my work phone as I haven't had a spare minute and there's 2 missed calls and a voice mail... But all from the same new client. First call at 17.07 with a message ... Fair enough... Then another missed call at 17.48 from same number and THEN an email stating the same thing In the message at 18.02. I just wanted to chuck my phone out the window! 3 attempts in one hour is a bit much I think? My partner doesn't see where I'm coming from but is anyone else like me?!! Lol xx

This would annoy me to tbf!! Talk about giving you chance to reply lol xx

This would annoy me to tbf!! Talk about giving you chance to reply lol xx

Exactly! Give me a minute to get home and go for a wee!! Lol

Feel for you. Thats why on my voicemail i have i will reply to you at my next earliest convenience.

Totally get this! I have a client that will phone and phone not leaving a message. Like literally phone hang up and phone again does it like 6 times, then says when I eventually call her back "I've been calling you for ages and you dont answer" lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I hear ya! So bloody annoying. Reply when you're ready and don't refer to anything other than her question.

If someone send me the same text twice to get my attention, I reply with 'Hi, I heard you the first time. lol Sorry I wasn't able to pick up but my phone has to be on silent when I'm working as I can't interrupt a treatment as I'm sure you'll appreciate'.

I hate the use of 'lol' when I'm not laughing out loud, but it helps get the message across without sounding rude.

I have one client who txts
"hi can i have fri at 1.30pm please"
then 5 mins later "????????"
5 mins later "??????????"
5 mins later "??????????"

I once had 17 txt msgs with just "?????" in.

I tell her every time she txts that i usually work during the day so i will have 2 get back to you as soon as i can. She still does it every week. She will never rebook straight after her appointment. She always has to txt me.
People are so inconsiderate. Txting me at 11pm/midnight sometimes.
Yes my job is a passion and i love it vut pleqse i deserve 5 mins off!!

Kind Regards
Ellis @EHB :)

I have one that texts me at ridiculous times of night early hours in the morning then texts again in the morning about 8am because I never replied at 3am!!! The clients that calls me over and over again was told personally by myself about my holiday numerous times. She rang the salon 4 times within 2 days while I was away. When I stepped off the plane and was going through customs I turned my phone on and had 5 voicemails asking when Im back. When I got into the cab I got a phone call...guess who! No matter how many times I explain when im in the salon I cant always answer the phone as I'm alone and in treatment and therefore my mobile cannot be answered either...goes in one ear out the other!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

These people CLEARLY don't have busy jobs like we do! X

Oh by the way this is what I emailed back
Hi I did receive your two phone calls however I've just finished for the day so was about to call you back, I'm fully booked Wednesday and Thursday I can do Friday morning at 9.30 depending on where you live?

But I received no reply .... Lol

This annoys me too people don't realise you are ONE person so when your with a client you cannot just answer your phone constantly!! I hate it when they say I've been trying to get in touch but u didn't answer as if I chose to just ignore a new client!! X

Oh by the way this is what I emailed back
Hi I did receive your two phone calls however I've just finished for the day so was about to call you back, I'm fully booked Wednesday and Thursday I can do Friday morning at 9.30 depending on where you live?

But I received no reply .... Lol

Did you send a chaser 10mins later going '??????' :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a couple that were this demanding to begins with but soon understand as they get to know me, i respond as soon as I possibly can.

I do have one lady though that will message on fb to tell me she's emailed me lol, so I reply on email about 2 hours later as I was getting home and showering then get another fb message saying she has replied.

But I don't get annoyed. At the end of the day their main priority is to book their hair in, people forget your at work. But when you explain they understand you will reply ASAP, they have to get to know how you work though first :)

i d be annoyed too!

I've been messaged everyday this week by the same client, she's booked in for a colour and skin test but messages at least 3 times a day the same question
Once at 4 in the morning needless to say a warning was given!

This happens to me more & more especially as I'm mobile. Think some people think that as you work for yourself you're sitting there twiddling your thumbs waiting for someone to call! When in actual fact a lot of us are very busy.
Does annoy me! Surely they wouldn't ring a salon constantly etc.... But who knows.

I have a couple that were this demanding to begins with but soon understand as they get to know me, i respond as soon as I possibly can.

I do have one lady though that will message on fb to tell me she's emailed me lol, so I reply on email about 2 hours later as I was getting home and showering then get another fb message saying she has replied.

But I don't get annoyed. At the end of the day their main priority is to book their hair in, people forget your at work. But when you explain they understand you will reply ASAP, they have to get to know how you work though first :)

Aw that annoys the life out of me people that day iv pmd you or you've got mail eg yes I know I do get a notification like everyone else x

It annoys me when your getting messages and they really want you to do there colour, give s you the times they are free so u give them a time and they never get back to you, then they do the same a few weeks later??? 3 strikes and there out,shes got one more chance lol x

I work at a home salon and have crammed all my customers into 4 days in order for me 2 have all day today off to catch up on my books and paint the salon. At 11am i have a knock on my door and its a lady who is booked in on fri for foils cut n blow. I explain her appointment is on fri. She explains she wouldnt book a friday as she has her grandson so i invite her in while i check through my txts and yes she did book for fri. She looks at me and says "dont know what made me do thay hun, my hairs desperate can u just do me now?"
I felt like going "well actually no. I have hours of paper work to do and a few hours of painting, go away and come back fri like planned!!"
But i didnt so ive done her hair, just finished painting and now have to start my books which i dont think ill finish before 9!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(
Aurghhh

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

What a nightmare!!! Clients must think we have no life and have nothing better to be doing!

Latest posts

Back