Client who has bitten all her natural nails off!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Ive been mulling this one over for the last few days; and I'm not entirely sure what to do on this occasion.
I had a client call me for a new set of nails who warned me she was a severe nail biter. Now I have had this type of call before and I have gone and they are often not as bad as they say. But NOT in this case! I was not prepared for what I was about to see!:eek:

At first sight her nail beds were a little red and very small, she had what I presumed were overgrown and thickened eponychium. All symptoms that I expect to see in a severe biter.
Well when I took her hand in mine for a closer inspection I was SHOCKED:eek:.
What I thought were eponychium was NAIL!! there was no nail on the nail beds and although no open wounds they were soft and tender. She only had 1-2mm of nail.
Obviously I didn't apply anything to her nails (or lack off!) except cuticle oil of course. I left her with instructions to apply the cuticle oil several times a day and massage in.

Where my predicament comes in is that she has a christening to go to at the end of the month; and really wanted something to make her nails look better. Obviously her nails wont have grown that much by then.

What can I do, if anything for this client?

Is it safe for me to apply L&P? (I'm thinking not?!)
Or shall I offer a package where I apply party style nails and then go back to remove them correctly?

I cant think of anything else.

Geeks please help me.

OOh Jo I am not sure I have even seen nails as badly bitten as that.
If she follows your advice and leaves them alone, you will actually be amazed at how much a nail biters nails can grow in a month.

If there still isn't enough growth though I think your party nails idea would have to be the way to go. then she can se what she could have, and hopefully keep going with the oil and in another few weeks get a set of enhancements.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Hi I know just how you feel I had a lady with exactly the same condition the other week, she rang me for n emergence app. she was going to wedding and needed nail NOW!!
When I saw them I was so shocked, The only thing I could do, or think of tbh was to apply party nails, and then got her to come back for removal...she is now coming back regular for treatments.
I am sure more experienced geeks will be able to give you other options but that worked for me in an emergency....:hug:

If the nails are still as bad with only a small fraction of nail, I would do what I do with toenails like this (follow the link in Becki's thread) as a one-off.

The product will be touching the skin but so long as it is a one-off you should be ok.

Emphasise to the client that she has to be extremely careful and that you cannot promise how successful the result will be and that they won't last too long. I'd also make her appointment as close to the day of the Christening as possible.

Tell her to come to you as soon as possible after the Christening and work out a nail biter's package for her.

Good luck, take before and after pics if possible land keep us posted x

Well it's the day when I'll be going back to this lady. Hopefully there will be an improvement if she has been following my instructions.
I'll take pictures for you all to see.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi Good luck and I hope her nails look better and she hasn't bitten them from your last app.. xx

I was so p'd ! She turned out to be a no show! Got myself all geared up to tackle it head on and she wasn't in! Grrr . Thanks guys for your help. At least I'll know what to do if i'm faced with this again.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was so p'd ! She turned out to be a no show! Got myself all geared up to tackle it head on and she wasn't in! Grrr . Thanks guys for your help. At least I'll know what to do if i'm faced with this again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Her loss hun xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back