Client's acne not clearing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meli_moo

Reaction score
I have a 19 year old client that has acne, at the moment she is using the jan marini, benzol peroxide cleanser and the bio clear serum in jan marini every morning and night..she has been using these products for about 9 months and the acne is not clearing up aswell as I and she hoped it would. She is very embarresed about her skin and she it not taking any madication, her diet is quite healthy and her skin is really getting her down.

Does anyone know any other facial products that might help or work better for her?

You need to be realistic with her and yourself for treating this!
Shes 19 so has hormones and androgens still going manic in her body and still trying to balance out.

Whilst this is happening Skincare will only help with the effect but if the cause is still going strong then it's not going to remedy it!

Products with salicylic acid will really help and a course of microdermabrasion and or chemical peels will make a bigger difference, but realistically until her hormones have balanced out it may be a loosing battle

why not suggest she goes and has a chat with her doctor? see if she can get referred to a dermatologist to have a more indepth look.

why not suggest she goes and has a chat with her doctor? see if she can get referred to a dermatologist to have a more indepth look.

I totally agree.We are very limited in what we can do to help Acne.Unfortunately sometimes the only thing that helps is roaccutane,low dose antibiotics or going on certain contraceptive pills.

Don't know if this will help but I suffered from'adult' acne for years . Went to the doctor and he prescribed my 'Tetracycline( spelling) . helped me tremendously. Visit the doctor . Best thing to do :)

Karen

Is the acne simplex, vulgaris or severe ?
no doubt she wears heavy make-up to cover this up, i'd also advise that she removes this nightly by 'steam towel' (for deep cleanse) for a start, the rest would depend on the type of acne, whether it needed a doctor prescription or its something you could treat

If benzoyl peroxide was prescribed then its possibly acne vulgaris in which case you can treat this, this is prescribed as opposed to an anti-biotic, use gloves + mesh to apply and ozone, keep clearing pores

soak gauze in solution, apply frequency at around no 4, also use appropriate mask to suffocate pores, bringing back to front

Don't know if this will help but I suffered from'adult' acne for years . Went to the doctor and he prescribed my 'Tetracycline( spelling) . helped me tremendously. Visit the doctor . Best thing to do :)

Karen

I went on minocycle which is a tetracycle for my acne and found out the hard way that i'm deathly allergic to it. i also used benzoyl peroxide and had an anaphylactic reaction. very scary.

i did however get these things called clindets which is a topical form of clindamyicin. it worked really well.

i too would recommend that she try a contraceptive.

Latest posts

Back