Client's cheque bounced - how much should I chase?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know you could do that! Darn it! I still have it but its been stamped all over as rejected so not sure if it'll go through again. X

Yes, you can take it back in and re-present it.. So long as its not stamped with "Payment stopped" as this means she has physically cancelled the cheque , meaning even if she does have the funds, you won't get them!
It's evil, but each time it gets returned, she will be charged - therefore keep re-presenting it and even if you don't get the money, atleast you have the satisfaction that she's been changed (again!) and hopefully it will teach her a valuable (expensive!) lesson!! Xx

Yes, you can take it back in and re-present it.. So long as its not stamped with "Payment stopped" as this means she has physically cancelled the cheque , meaning even if she does have the funds, you won't get them!
It's evil, but each time it gets returned, she will be charged - therefore keep re-presenting it and even if you don't get the money, atleast you have the satisfaction that she's been changed (again!) and hopefully it will teach her a valuable (expensive!) lesson!! Xx

OOooooo. I so LOVE that! :evil:

OOooooo. I so LOVE that! :evil:

Ha ha.. I did say it was evil but its a good one!
My SE beauticians cheque bounced a couple of months ago for her rent.. My bank represented it 3 times on my behalf costing her a hefty £130 on top of her rent (which she then tried to claim back off of me stating that was my fault!!) ooh nooo missy, had you of had the money there in the first place rather than giving me a cheque that was not even worth the paper it was written on, then we wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place!! Lets just say, it hasn't happened again!! Lesson learned me thinks!!! Xx

I haven't been to her house, just sent her some messages, which is how she booked her appointment. She's asked me to go and collect it now but I am a little worried about any confrontation when I get there. My hubby isn't around to come with me, would you go and risk it? Massive lesson learnt here!

I haven't been to her house, just sent her some messages, which is how she booked her appointment. She's asked me to go and collect it now but I am a little worried about any confrontation when I get there. My hubby isn't around to come with me, would you go and risk it? Massive lesson learnt here!

Personally, no. Not on your own atleast. Mainly due to safety, but also, why should you have to go out of your way when she has already caused you so much trouble already?
I would ask her to either transfer the funds straight to you, or go with somebody.. X

Personally, no. Not on your own atleast. Mainly due to safety, but also, why should you have to go out of your way when she has already caused you so much trouble already?
I would ask her to either transfer the funds straight to you, or go with somebody.. X

I think she'll say come and get it if you want it. I might ask my hubby to go when he's back. Lol. I'm so tempted to just leave it but thats obviously what she wants by dragging it out so long. X

I had a client who bounced a cheque on me a few months ago and it had stamped on it "do not re-present. Refer to drawer"
So I guess it depends upon why it was bounced. If they've got form maybe the bank just won't entertain even trying to present it again!

It says refer to drawer on this one. No idea what that means. X

It means that you take it back to the person who wrote the cheque and demand a different form of payment.

I stopped taking cheques many moons ago when I had a large one bounce, client had lots of treatments and bought retail too.she knew full well it would bounce and had done it to over 10 other businesses. I was the only on that went to the police and would not let it drop. She went on the run, was found locked up and ordered to pay back about £50. Cheque was for £120, I was paid back £1.16 ? Every 2/4 weeks via cheque which cost £1 to cash(bank charges) lol still worth it, and I would do it all over again.shame the 1 st business did not do this then there might not of been another 10+ of us.stand firm and get your hard earned money, but don't go on your own :) x

Dont go on your own, one for safety reasons and two you will need an independent witness if she kick off at you or threatens you.

I would ask her to BACS the money over or ask to come over when you hubby is back.

if you do the latter, for gods sake dont let on the he will be coming with you. If she asks you to come in side the house for the money decline incase she gets funny with you.

What info does she need to bacs it? Would she just call her bank and ask to transfer it? I think she's borrowing cash from someone as she doesn't have any. I think I'm going to take my hubby with me. X

She needs your name, the bank name ie: Lloyds tsb and your sort code and account number.

Hth xx

I had a lady that did this with her wedding she ignored and ignored so i tipped on on her front door with my dad..... she soon paid. then i had another lady last month and she kept ignoring so i text her called her e mailed her and her husband and sent her a final notice letter all on 1 day loool. she e mailed me the next day saying she couldnt afford it in one go but she now pays me £10 on the 1st of every month. still only those 2 in 5 years. its more the point that they dont get away with it as sometimes its not even worth the trouble but its just simply to prove a point. i hope u get it good luck.x

Thanks everyone!! X

is she a military wife too?? if so reporting it to her hubby's boss/welfare will soon stop this silliness going on. if anyone is threatening you when you live in MOD property they will need to answer to the military police as well as civvy police if any damage is caused to your home etc.. if its a civvy messing you about id get the RMPs to accompany you to get the money...men in uniform is usually helpful lol :) x

is she a military wife too?? if so reporting it to her hubby's boss/welfare will soon stop this silliness going on. if anyone is threatening you when you live in MOD property they will need to answer to the military police as well as civvy police if any damage is caused to your home etc.. if its a civvy messing you about id get the RMPs to accompany you to get the money...men in uniform is usually helpful lol :) x

She's not a military wife no, but great advice about the RMP's! I've arranged to meet her at the end of her street tomorrow to collect the cash, this way I can assess the situation and drive on should it not be sensible to stop. Failing that I'll speak to the RMP's see if they can help! X

She's not a military wife no, but great advice about the RMP's! I've arranged to meet her at the end of her street tomorrow to collect the cash, this way I can assess the situation and drive on should it not be sensible to stop. Failing that I'll speak to the RMP's see if they can help! X

Hopefully it's gone ok for you today. If it was me having this issue with a civvy then I'd get a few of my hubby's work friends to just stand outside with me...that's if RMPs decided not to help. I am pretty lucky to live in a good Garrison with RMPs who would assist when doing a patrol, stopping for 5 minutes is no drama to protect a military wife's safety. once it's all over you can move on & know you have got what you are owed, then never offer your service's to time wasters. It will make you stronger & take no crap in the future lol :) x

Let us know how it went. She doesnt sound very nice! x

Latest posts

Back