Clients doing drugs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a situation similar to this once where a client was having her nails done in the salon (by another tech) and she decided half way through to go outside of a cigarette....she lit up a joint. It was a warm day and the doors were open so all of the other clients could smell it and were getting a little uncomfortable. I got up and expalined to her that the other clients didn't like it and shut the door!!!!!:eek: She complained about me to the owner....who was totally on my side. Why should you have to sit and endure that??? (BTW I am a smoker!!!)

The other thing that struck me with this is that NO-ONE should be smoking around you while you are doing their nails.....this stuff is HIGHLY FLAMMABLE!!!:eek:

Buggy said:
personally, i would have asked for drag. In fact, i think its a bloomin cheek they didn't offer you a joint! i'd be more annoyed about that!

(i'm only joking, don't all jump on me at once!)
PMSL:lol:

Here is an idea...if youre mobile...write yourself up a form telling of what you expect from your clients as well as what they can expect from you. This way you can explain all the do's and dont's. It's a nice professional way to have communication between everyone. Good luck! TT

I would've packed up and left. That's just rude behavior. They could have waited until you left.

Buggy said:
personally, i would have asked for drag. In fact, i think its a bloomin cheek they didn't offer you a joint! i'd be more annoyed about that!

(i'm only joking, don't all jump on me at once!)
You crack me up!
xxx:hug:

Personally I wouldn't have been bothered, but I think it very rude of someone to do this without seeing how you felt about it. I think you should politely tell her that it made you feel uncomfortable, & you would like her (and her friends) to refrain from smoking in your pescence. If she won't do that & you feel strongly about it, don't go back.

I don't think I am going to go back there. It's not only the weed smoking I have a problem with. There are people walking in and out of this house and some of them are really creeping me out. I don't know what's going on in this house but I don't like it. I don't think I should go back to a place where I don't feel safe.

melliemel said:
I don't think I am going to go back there. It's not only the weed smoking I have a problem with. There are people walking in and out of this house and some of them are really creeping me out. I don't know what's going on in this house but I don't like it. I don't think I should go back to a place where I don't feel safe.

Trust your gut instinct and if that´s how you feel, weed or no weed... don´t go back! :!:

melliemel said:
I don't think I should go back to a place where I don't feel safe.
Of course you shouldn't. If you don't feel safe, stay away.

A while ago i had a client that called me to do their nails, she lives in a rough area but not as rough as futher into the village . Anyway i was in the kitchen she seemed ok, there was bob marley all over the kitchen and figures of jamaicans smoking joints.
id been there 40 mins when a little boy and her other half walked in he said hello he was a jamaican man with dredlocks the lot. I carried on doing her nails thinking oh my god where have i come lol. Then he lit a joint up and started smoking it in the kitchen. I couldnt wait to finish the nails off id finished them in an hour and 10 mins. I felt sick i had head ache because id got myself in a state as i knew that there has been police watching some houses that did drugs and i was thinking what if its this one.I thought what if they think i had drugs in my silver case everything was going through my head. Anyway when she asked if i could do her infills i said i would check but i never went back to the house.

Well today, I went to a clients house , who is also a friend from ages ago, to do her and her friends nails. I know they both smoke and that is totally up to them but..... They decide to do it when I am doing their nails. They put the ashtray on my table and sometimes the smoke will drift in my direction?? I am a non smoker and I hate it. The other thing is my kids come with me when I go to hers as they have kids of their own and I don't like people smoking round the kids.

I have read on a couple of posts that the smoke could effect the nails during application? Is this true and if so how?

I feel really rude going into someones house and asking them not to smoke.
:sad:

My god thats well dangerous!Doing it on your table!Most of the products u use r probly flammable!Do u do acrylics or uv?
Also doin it round the kids-thats awful-i hate it when ppl think its ok to smoke around my son-we have stopped goin to some ppls houses because of this-they smoke round their kids adn even tho we told them we didn't want jake around smoke they didn't care adn lit up next to him....
Grrrrrrrrrrrr

i use gel.

The other thing is.... swearing!!!
The clients I was talking about in my previous post also swear a LOT!!!!!! Every other word is a f word or even worse a c word!!!! I'm not saying I don't swear but I try not to around the kids. How can I get around this? Even if they come to my house, they do it!:mad:

i use gel.

The other thing is.... swearing!!!
The clients I was talking about in my previous post also swear a LOT!!!!!! Every other word is a f word or even worse a c word!!!! I'm not saying I don't swear but I try not to around the kids. How can I get around this? Even if they come to my house, they do it!:mad:

Hmmm not sure u can get around that one sweet-some ppl just swear more than others without thinking about it-only thing u can do is pick her p on it when around your kids-ask her to mind her language...
Other than that...is she a really valuable client?:eek:

she is a very regular client. She has hers done weekly! Not because they need doing but because she likes different art each week! And also her nails grow at a ridiculous rate!! Her friend is also a regular. The other thing is I have known her for 10 years. We arent close friends but still class each other as sort of friends??

My other dilemma at the mo is.... people coming to you when they know they have been ill!!!

The friend of the client spoken about previously was due for an appointment last mondayat 10:30. Firstly I had a phone call to say she was on her way but she had to pull over coz her little boy was being SICK!!! I told her I would prefer if she didn't bring him as I didn't want my kids becoming ill. She still didnt turn up till 11:15!!! 45 minutes late. I told her I had another client after her and she didn't even really apologise!

I just feel that people think because I work from home it is a hobby and not my job and I have nothing else to do than sit around and wait for them to turn up when they feel like it!!!

Do n e of u ever get this problem?? (mobile techs)

Latest posts

Back